Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode modes ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok so I initially chose virtual dj b/c it seems to have more features and is more reliable than a couple of the other options i was considering, and the interface is rediculously intuitive to use, until it comes to the preferences... it seems to me some of the options for the functions that i would like either aren't there, or aren't as obvious as i would expect them to be.

Which brings me to my question:

When using timecode vinyl mode... is there any way to use the timecode in what i think would be considered a "wheel mode"? where i can still scratch and mix with the vinyl, but so that everytime i start a new song, i dont have to put the needle back at the beginning of the record? e.g. hit stop on the record, drop a new song on the deck, hit start on the record (and not have the song start from the middle). and also that if the needle skips position on the record, it doesn't change the position in the song? I see now that i just upgraded to version 3, theres an "anti skip" checkbox... I don't have my decks hooked up now to test this out..but will that take care of the problem of the needle on the record and making the song skip?

Also I guess the only way to switch the vinyl to do forward and backward chops is to go into the prefs?

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 9:26 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I asked for timecode modes to the new features forum.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=12661
Take a look and support the idea.
I mostly suffer by the lack of a true relative mode when i use Pioneer cdj-100 decks.
Its inpossible for accurate and reliable cueing. (TC Vinyl is better.)

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 3:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)