Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 3.0 Hardware acceleration problem - any progress? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Just curious...

Has any progress been made in the version 3.0 hardware acceleration problem that some of us are experiencing?

I had no problem using it with the 2.1 video release (and smoother video.) In the 3.0 release, with hardware acceleration turned on all I get is a black screen.

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 9:04 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
All the video really works better in vdj v3.0

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 3:48 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Time to upgrade that laptop Rob :)

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 4:41 am

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 5:23 am
try reinstalling direct x that is what harware acceleration uses.

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 5:51 am
Just did that... No change.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 3:39 am
did you check for updated video card drivers? Are you running it with both displays connected at bootup?

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 4:05 am
It doesn't even work in the preview window... The video drivers are up to date.

The puzzling part for me is why it worked under 2.1 and doesn't now.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 6:13 am
Updated the video drivers. Problem solved...

Thanks Cyder!

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 6:28 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Radioactive Rob;
Can you tell me which video card you use ?

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:44 am
Clax,

he's using a laptop.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 10:09 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK but some laptops have different video cards so ... you know ... I just wanted if .... yes maybe a similar of FX5200 ... for solidarity!

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:33 pm
Hi Clax...

It's ATI's Radeon Mobility - identified by the machine as RADEON IGP 320M. It was configured to use 64MB of system RAM which worked, but I reconfigured it to use 128MB and the video looks as good as what I was seeing with MixMeister and it's stable.

I couldn't be happier.

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 8:23 am
ROb. I am also using a laptop. Toshiba 2.6Ghz and 1 GIG of mem. I am having a choppy program when I run my karaoke files now. I think I may have a similar issue to you but do not know how to update video drivers. I never had to do that. Can you give me advice. I have a karaoke gig on Friday and have been trying everything. I even reinstalled and went back to 2.06 full install. Everything I had before and the problem still is there. The video seems to play fine but the program is lagging. Seems very unstable. The algorythyms are choppy. The music by itself plays great. I am using a usb 2.0 external hardrive. Any ideas. I am just trying to get working what once worked. Thanks for the help. I am going to repost this on my own thread so it doesn't get lost.

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 1:45 pm
@vantinedj

I understand you are anxious to get your problem solved and may not have read this thread before you posted the same question in another thread. Please see my response to your issue at:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=12965

btw, to update your video drivers, you must search for them on the Toshiba website or Internet in general, choose to Download and Run the file once found. It is a simple process. If the Toshiba site does not help you identify which video card you have, right click on your desktop and choose properties to examine the card type under the Settings Tab.

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 4:43 pm
Well, the problem has returned. I have no idea why. Big blank screen when using hardware acceleration. Works fine for karaoke, but no go with video. Even the preview monitor between the turntables is blank with hardware acceleration turned on.

I'm out of town right now, working some gigs down in Austin. Wanted to use VDJ tonight, e-mailed VDJ support for help with the unlock code last night (to install it on a different machine - my unlock code is in my home E-Mail in Tulsa - so far no response.)

Gotta say... I'm getting a bit discouraged with the lack of tech support here.

Oh well... Back to MixMeister. The interface sucks, but at least it's stable.

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 10:06 pm
Rob,

sorry I didn't see your message if you need anything please write back.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 3:12 am
@support staff

Never mind the SN problem - the gig has passed... Had to use MixMeister... Just can't figure out why the video worked with acceleration after I updated my video drivers and now it doesn't (full screen on the second screen anyway - it plays fine if I put it in "window mode.")

Now I'm experiencing another issue - this time with karaoke...

I have had the program crash and exit on a few karaoke tracks now (two to be exact.)

I tried playing the same tracks on a friend's machine using PCDJ FX and they played fine.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 8:57 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have the blank screen in acceleration hardware only when i minimize VDJ

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 8:09 pm
That's interesting...

I have no idea why it's happening with mine - it even kills the preview window on the main screen (it just goes black.)

It works fine with hardware acceleration turned on if the video is in a window, but not full screen - though it did work just fine right after I reinstalled the video drivers.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 8:33 pm
91%