Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Whats happening regarding Mixlab v4??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Im not a regular to these forum pages so apologies if this has been discussed to its death already...but...

I love mixlab 3. It was the 1st skin i used and since then its been the ONLY skin i`ve used. Not only is it really practical its also got a really soothing design scheme to it. The traktor skin my friends use looks way to metallic and cold with no soul. The Mixlab 3 just sucks me in and makes me wanna play more and more....and ALWAYS gets a positive reaction when i set up on stage. I`ve had a look at some other skins but nothing comes close to pleasing me like that one does ;-)

So...i read through the forum page about mixlab 4 progress and noticed that the last post regarding that was posted over 1 year ago. Ive not seen version 4 on the plugin pages so can only assume its not finished, or was stopped but couldnt find any other info regarding it.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Posted Tue 18 May 10 @ 9:09 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Last I heard Format was going to let MixLab pass away and concentrate on Mix Extreme. Mix Extreme is a very complex skin, so it is taking a lot longer than Format's skin in the past have.

Posted Tue 18 May 10 @ 9:19 pm
shame...but maybe its not such a bad thing. from the screen shots i saw there didnt seem to be a huge difference. kinda hard to improve on perfection right ;-)

In that case i shall patiently await some brilliance. In the mean time i discoverd the Rusty skin just now. when i get done with this pesky thing called work for today i`ll try that one while i wait.

Thanks for the reply.

Take it easy ;-)

Posted Tue 18 May 10 @ 9:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)