Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin for Touchscreen - 1920x1080 - Virtual DJ Pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys,

just picked up a Medion Akoya 21.5" Multitouch and have downloaded VDJPro Trial to it, I have the version that shipped with my DJ Steel, but wanted to try out Pro's suitablility for use without the DJ Steel - Will be upgrading to Pro next month.

I have been playing with some of the skins that have already been made (NS7, X12, etc)...but unfortunatley most skins are A) not designed for 1920x1080 (X12 is close...but too much going on) or B) not designed with touch screens in mind.

So...after that rambling, I am interested in finding someone that can make me a skin to my spec, as I will be using it professionally. I am happy to pay someone (a modest sum :) ) to do it (be prepared for alterations...lol)...I could do it, but really can't spare the time.

If you are interested, and can show me examples of your work, please drop me a note.

Simon Bailey

Posted Mon 17 May 10 @ 12:41 pm
Hi Simon,

There are hardly any skins designed for 1920 and the ones there are support 1920 x 1200. I guess 1920 x 1080 is a non-standard resolution?

Most skins are designed for laptop screens and none to date seem to exclusively support touchscreen although there was a thread a little while ago about someone making one but I think it was 1024 x 768.

Keith

Posted Mon 17 May 10 @ 1:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You might find a skin that suit your resolution, maybe you might have to resize it. You need to find a skin with large buttons and sliders.
But actually you will not be able to mix properly because dj softwares do not support multitouch functions. So touching with 1 hand the crossfsader, you will not be able to control anything else like a PLAY button or an effect. So whats the point to find a skin for touch use?

I have made myself 2 touchscreen skins for 2 & 3 monitors (2560X1024 & 3840X1024) but i use them with an external 1U racknount mixer.

Posted Mon 17 May 10 @ 3:28 pm
Humm3rControlleristMember since 2005
i wouldnt mind doing that, as long as the pay is good, once my exams are finished i will be glad to help u out buddy. after making my first skin which has been a success, i am interested in making more. and making one for a touch screen would be a great challenge.

heres my skin if u wish to see it and download it

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/11447/Technics_SLDZ_1200_Mix.html

Posted Wed 19 May 10 @ 3:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)