Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 3.0 Loop Bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Under 3.0, you cannot make a loop go higher than 32, (with the new increase loop size action), unless you started the loop at higher than 32.

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 3:16 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's not really a bug:
It depends where you are in the track.
If you try to increase the loop value in the begining or at the end, you won't be able to increase out of the track.

Have a try in the middle.

I just tested a few times and I'm able to increase out of the 32 beats value in the middle.

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 10:15 am
@Clax

I have the same problem. And I mentioned it during the 2.1 testing.

It is as DJ Raz mentioned. ..and regardless of where you are in the track.

Activate a loop (e.g. a 8 beat-loop) and increase the loop size. It stops at 32 beats.
Activate a large loop (e.g. 128 beats) and decrease it. No problems. You can go down from 64 to 32, but not 32 to 64.

It can be a problem when you by mistake activate a 32 beat loop when it should have been a 64 beat loop. You can't rewind the song and reset the loop to 64 on the fly .

- Jim Nordic

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 10:43 am
Hi;
When I create a 4 beats loop in the middle of the track and increase it to 128 beats there is no problem.

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 10:55 am
Very strange. I't doesn't work for me. I'll try to reinstall VDJ. Maybe it's a bug left from a previous beta-install.

cheers

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 12:52 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Tested, when a loop is playing, no more than 32 bars on the fly, when not in loop it can go up to 256.

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 3:52 pm
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I get this no matter where in the song I am.
No way to increase past 32 (unless I use a shortcut for a specific 64,128 or 256 loop)

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 5:06 pm
I tested again and ... now I have this limit too. Maybe I was tired last time!

=> The loop limit is 256.
=> It's possible to increase loop valut up to 256 but only when the loop action is not activated.
=> When the loop is activated and if the loop value is above than the number of beats between activation point and end track the song continues with a "white song" after end track.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:27 am
djchillPRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes the loops r giving problems.when i activate the 8 beats or 4 beats the music hangs

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 10:19 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Noticed that too : when loop is activated, you can no longer go over 32 beats...

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 4:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)