Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: AA Radius 1000 Vs. 3000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lcmxr6PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hey whats up everyone. I was recently looking at the American Audio Radius 1000 CDJ, looks pretty cool. I was wondering if anyone knew what the difference was in the 1000 and 3000 models. I couldn't find any obvious differences besides that the 3000 is $100 more. Does anyone have any of these running with VDJ? If so how is the performance, quality of the timecode, quality of effects, and quality of scratching with the platter? THanks!
Peace
-L

Posted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 8:18 pm
Hi, yeah, I've been considering these too, the difference is that the 3000 has a USB port so you can plug an external hard drive/pendrive and play straight from that (no computer needed).

There's also the 2000 which is just USB and midi, no CD drive.

Posted Tue 13 Apr 10 @ 2:33 pm
Brilliant! Thanks, thats just the info I was looking for. Seems like an extra $100 per unit would be worth it to have the option of not playing with a laptop.

Posted Tue 13 Apr 10 @ 4:59 pm
I just bought them last night and I\'m in love with them.

The big difference between the 1000 and the 3000, are various, to begin with; the 3000 can handle SD cards, usb flash drives, and self powered external hard drives, they can be linked via USB cable, so while you plug one flash drive to one unit, the other can read it. It also has various jog wheel settings, built in sound effects, and the jog wheel is bigger than that on the pioneer cdj 400\'s.

I haven\'t plug them into VDj yet, but they come with a phone-jack adapter in the back which in turn can be plugged into your mixer via rca cables ;

which I believe will eliminate the need for an external sound card when using it as a midi, not sure yet, but I will test my theory soon.

Overall, they look pretty decent, and more attractive than the 1000, if you're going for statics and for only a few hundred dollars more, I think they are worth it.

I will be playing with them and exploring all they have to offer and if you guys have any more questions, I will be more than glad to answer them.......if I can.

Posted Wed 14 Apr 10 @ 2:50 pm
DJ HO in the house!!! Awesome man thanks for the response, I'm very curious to learn more about these decks. Let me know how it goes with midi, VDJ, and after you play around with them a little more. Take it easy bro!

-L

Posted Wed 14 Apr 10 @ 5:18 pm
You got it bro, I might need some help from the forum on the proper set up, but once is up and running, I will report back to you guys.

Posted Wed 14 Apr 10 @ 6:33 pm
I HAVE 2 CD PLAYERS RADIUS 1000 MIXER I BEEN DJN WITH CDS I WANNA JUMP TO VIRTUAL WHAT ALL DO I NEED TO GET AND DO TO STILL USE MY SET UP I GOT WELL I KNOW I NEED LAPTOP AND ALL BUT WHAT ELSE?

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 1:10 pm
Thank you to turn off your Caps Lock key .

You need a Soundcard with two outputs for a MIDI Use , Or a 4 Inputs /4 outputs Soundcard for a Timecode Using

and of course Virtual Dj PRO .

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 1:15 pm
So you can't use these players without a sound card? what if you where just in midi mode/

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 11:16 am
Hi, in midi mode the buttons, faders and jogwheels control virtual dj, but the sound won't come out of the players, that's why you need a sound card to get good quality audio to your mixer.

I would suggest an "NI Audio 2 DJ" they're pretty cheap and have just what you need for a pair of these.

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 9:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)