Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: How do i use these plugins & recommended mixer?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NeonicHome userMember since 2010
Hi,

Ive been using VirtualDJ a while now, but ill be honest i use it very basically, just straight up mixing. Now however im starting to play around with some of the features & effects etc.

Most of the plugins i have are very self explainitory, i click them in the list, i get a few options and an activate button.

However i have a few that dont seem to do anything, have no options and no button to switch them on. The one i am mainly looking at are the Scratch_New_Chops and ScratchRoutine plugins, although there are many more.

Can someone please tell me, how exactly i use these plugins?

Also on a side note, i am looking to buy an external mixer for my PC, but im not really that clued up on it, all i really need is a mixer which can controll my Virtual DJ (Using Mixlab 3.1 skin), allow me to turn on/off effects mayby even configure (say beatgrid), with mayby a couple of extra knobs/buttons for future use. I dont have a great deal of money to spend so a cheap one would be awsome.

Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks for your help

Posted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 12:01 pm

Posted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 6:33 pm
That looks like the kind of thing i need but it is a tad out of my price range at $900 ;)

Something around the £100-£200 mark (English)

Posted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 9:59 pm
Like I said just google MIDI CONTROLLERS and I'm sure will come up with in the price range your looking for. Theres a lot out there.

Posted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 12:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In that kind of price range there won't be a lot; you'll either be looking second hand, or at something like a Hercules MkII I guess.

Posted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 5:16 am

Posted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 3:11 pm
I had a look at that page & tried to load these plugins using this method.

under mappings created a new mapping with the virtualdj script: effect 'Scratch_New Chops Bwd 1' active

It did nothing.......so im still kinda clueless on how these plugins are used.

Posted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 3:26 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What are these plugins and where did you get them from? They aren't supplied with VDJ.

Posted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 7:23 pm
I tried to locate them on the site (Which is where i got them) but it seems they have been removed since the last time i was here, i guess they are rather old & are no longer supported :(

Its a shame since i would like to get into scratching but i find virtual dj almost impossible to use effectivly to scratch, is there any way to mayby expand the sampler so i can record certain pushes & pulls and sample them together. A plugin or otherwise?

Posted Wed 14 Apr 10 @ 7:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)