Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ttx with both...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HannepPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi everybody...
As usually i have a new question to ask.
This one is about a pair of ttx turntable a maya44 vdj and a Dxm 09 mixer...
the thing is that i want to use both normal "12" records and the tcvs, i know you can o this but i want to chanche betwen the line/phono (or in this case line/line since the ttx must be digital using the keylock feature) switch instead of pressing the bypas button.
a dxm 09 from numark has 3 ch. ch 1 and ch 2 has 2 linein each and 1 phono (Switchable).
so i want to use a rca split cable from the turntable one leads to the card and one to the mixer...

do u guys know if this i possible. coz it would be a much "cooler" way to switch between normal "12" and the tcvs.
Than the bypas button.

ps i know this will be working with a normal sound card and a phono turntable. but since the ttx special features will only be able to use is on the line side (digital) of the turntable ds.

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 4:44 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 5:55 pm
I am not a ful user yet so the blog dosent work.
And the manual... i´ve already read it but does the blog shows the setup with a pair of numark ttx.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 11:28 pm
go to my blog, get my email and shoot me a message.

cstoll

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 1:47 am
Offtopic but i want to ask everyone their experience about the turntable stanton str80.
coz they are cheaper.

It would be nice with som plus and minus to but that would maybe to much to ask about...

thanks in regards.

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 12:07 am
well I'm the owner of 2 TTxs and they are great!!! I haven't had the pleasure of mixing a pair of stantons but I know many club owners moving to Numark TTxs around my area. I would personally try them both before deciding which one to buy. Don't always go by what is on paper but what you actually prefer most (the feel, the look, how comfortable you are with them, etc. Once I get my full setup with the Maya 44USB I will try to upload some pics to show the setup process.

Another nice innovative feature on the newest model of the TTX coming out recently is the torque control. You will be able to select your torque from 2.5, 3.7 or 4.7kg/cm This is why the current pricing on the old models of TTX are dropping like crazy (I knew I should have waited a bit longer for my TTs).

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 12:14 am
I have a question about these splitters. I understand the concept and i know what it does, but i was wondering: doesn't the audio-signal get worse because the signal is being splitted?

I think this is a wonderful idea! who can answer my question?

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 10:15 am
DJ Cannonball -

I currently run this split at the club, and from a sound quality, no I don't notice a difference if I play a regular vinyl on the TTs.

Where I have noticed a difference is when ripping vinyl, I get a better quality rip when I plug the TT direct into my Maya44. If I leave the split then there seems to be a muffled sound that comes through.

Hope this helps.
cstoll

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 3:55 pm
Ok thanks for all the answers...
i think i´am goin to test some turntables before i buy anything.
But what do u guys think i should drop my money on...

A pair of ttx´s with tcvs maya card a dxm 3 channel mixer and my little hercie on my laptop...

Two xp10 with a uc33 e and a mixer.

or just a nice studio to create music in and keep going on with my hercie.

I would like the tcvs but i have been a club jockey for many years and scratching has always been just "cool" instead of fun.
but the last year i´ve discovered a turntablism site here in sweden and after some videos i began to think that scratching is´t that bad at all.
i would be fun a pair of turntabels.
so i dropped by a vinyl store and checked out what they got and i discovered that they didnt got any real underground hiphop just crap in my eyes.
so the tcvs would be nice so u can scratch whatever u want.

what i´m trying to say i... are the tcvs really worth it if u are a house - club dj. and got a small intrest in mixing hiphop.
And if u havent got any gear so u have to buy i all (cost about 1700 euro.

That was a long one and i know i´ve got to work on my spelling in this post but i think u can read it...

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 10:15 pm
Hannep,

I am a Club DJ first (mobile for fun), and my primary interests are House with little lean towards HipHop/Pop.
I started on TT and will die on TT if possible. I have the TCVs and love being able to have the old school feel when I get into the zone. Most nights I start off on the TCVs to get the juices flowing, slide back to my DAC-2 when I really get going (less chance of mistake after a few) and usually slide back in and out of the TCVs through out the night.

So, Yes, IMHO, it is worth the expense... check my blog for what hardware I have to answer your other questions.

cstoll

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 11:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)