Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: a step by step for the dac 2 ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I've tried searching this forum with no success. I have vdj 3.00 ( am now v impressed ! ). But I'm having trouble interfacing it with a pcdj dac 2 controller on usb. Could anybody tell me how to do this in a hand holding step by step for idiots kind of way.

I've got auto detect in config ticked but I'm not getting anything.

Thanks !

John

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 11:28 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
John,

I know the title of the thread isn't encouraging but this link will take you to a discuss where I had outlined a process for helping solve a problem that the user had configuring their DAC.
Hopefully it will help you. http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=12462

One thing to remember is that which ever USB port you plug the DAC into during setup, should be the port you use moving forward. It's not mandatory, but just a recommendation. Also, the DAC must be powered by it's AC adapter, the USB port by it's self doesn't provide the power for the DAC.

Hope all this helps,

cstoll

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 2:21 pm
Sorted thanks, now I did download a "mapper", can you confirm which is the best one please and where the file should go.

thanks again

john

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 4:10 pm
The latest mapper from the plugin section is the only mapper I am aware of, and it's great!

I believe when you download it, it is a zip file? Been awhile. Anyway, if so, unzip it and put the .dll file in the same directory as the VirtualDJ executable. Next time you start VDJ, it picks it up right away.

cstoll

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 4:40 pm
all done, now I've just got to re-learn how to dj after more than 30 years :-). Thanks again for all the help, ehat nice people and what a top product, I had almost given up and bought some pioneers and now I'm so glad that i didn't.

John

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 5:06 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Right on John!

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 5:09 pm
Welcome to the club!

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 5:56 pm
While on this subject... Is there any other mapper for the DAC-2 than the one provided with VDJ when you buy it ? If so, could you point me to where I can download it ?

If not, is there anywhere a description of what each key or key combinations on the DAC-2 does which function in VDJ ? Obviously, the default keys are not the same behavior than on PCDJ software, for example the "Load" key doesn't do anything when pressed, as most of the small blue keys like FX and Display and such...

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but even though VDJ is a top notch software, I can't say the website is that easy to sort your way through...

Posted Fri 27 May 05 @ 4:41 pm

Posted Fri 27 May 05 @ 6:50 pm
cstoll,

Thanks for the link. Definitely is much better now :) Now the newbie in training can practice a whole new way of mixing...

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 6:19 am
Been using the mapper (1.3) from the plugin section, only one huge problem : if you pause a track playing, then turn the outer jogwheel to accelerate to the end of the track, it goes into an endless accelerated loop with no way to stop it...

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 7:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)