Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: skin version 3?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

In the History section, it says that skins need to say version 3 to make use of the new features. When I tried to edit that line in the XML file for mixstation, I get an invalid skin error! Any suggestions?

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 12:36 am
The new 3.0 installer have the only new 3.0 skin so far...

its called default.zip, and should be in your skin folder

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 1:31 am
Thanks Norway, but I guess I was misunderstood. What do I have to do to an existing skin file to make it 3.0 compatible? I tried to edit the version line,but that did not help.

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 4:48 pm
Virtual DJ is compatible with older skins.
NO modifications of skin file is needed to use other skins! ;)

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 4:49 pm
Wow, I mean to make it utilize all the functions or 3.O, I understand that they are backwards compatible. Thanks though.

Still lovin' this program,
ronny582

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 5:20 pm
only loop by 1/2 and by 1/4 beats work differently, and will not work correct in older skins.

Other functions will work fine ;)

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 5:41 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
If you want to update a skin and make use of the new features (video pannel, multiinstance, etc...), you need to defines "version=3" and add a "logo" item.
Also be carefull to convert any "loop -2" to "loop 50" which is the new behavior in v3 skins.

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 6:25 pm
Thank you! I got my question answered!
Thank you both.

Ronny582

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 6:35 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for your attention ronny582.

Posted Tue 24 May 05 @ 6:39 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK, then what am I doing wrong?

I am trying to update my skin @APOPSIS TIMECODE POWER (1280x800) to v3.0 compatibility. So I changed the version="1.5" to version="3" on line 0 and added the logo element [copied code from the VDJ default skin xml] set it's x,y,width and height.

Now, I saved the xml, updated my zip, opened the config in VDJ, selected my skin and presto-- 'Invalid skin file (error line 0 in xml)'.

Now I have not added anything else except the 2 required pieces mentioned above. I know if the logo element isn't there then the error is on line 3, so VDJ is reading the version attribute of line 0, but when I set it as mentioned above then I am getting the error.
Again, I used the Default VDJ skin as a guide and still no luck.

Thanks ahead-atime, your help is appreciated!!!
cstoll

Posted Fri 27 May 05 @ 11:47 pm
have you set "version=3" or version="3"

note the use of quotes, the first which came from the dev's post, means u dont need quotes around the 3.

have another try, move the quotes around.

Steve

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 2:11 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@ CStoll

Make sure there's NO other button or any control that could recover (even a bit) the logo. Logo must be in an EMPTY space for the skin to go.

@ Steve Dawson

Right syntax is : version="3"

FRUiT94

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 3:16 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Fruit -

Is there a minimum size for the logo and its space?

cstoll

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 4:00 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
yes size_logo>=100x25 pixels

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 5:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)