Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: weird problem when using SBDJ ScrollText and Text/Text2D

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've developed a strange problem on my gigging laptop which I think is more likely a windows related problem/setting and wondered if anyone has an idea for a fix. I'm using Windows 7 32 bit

When I type text into , say scrolltext, then go back to music and enter text into the search banner, although I have a flashing cursor no text is typed in the box...this is still being typed into the scrolltext box. The only way to get the typing back in the search banner is to either click the Virtual DJ icon in the task bar, or to click clipbank in the video effects list.

My back up desktop pc is also Windows 7 32 bit, yet this problem doesn't happen!

Me baffled again!

Also (as if that wasn't enough), when I have my pc extended to a tv and running Virtual dj, if I open explorer, or MSN for instance, sometimes, not all the time, when I close it I'm left with a sort of see thru ghosting effect of explorer/MSN which won't vanish completely. The only way to make it vanish is to shut down Virtual dj or hit contol alt delete. This only happens when extending the desktop to another screen

Life ain't easy!!

Posted Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 1:01 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The focus problem affects plugins that implement their own windows. A quick way to regain focus is to quickly open the config window and close it again.

Posted Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 2:03 pm
I have just come on to ask about the same problem.
I used SBDJ Scroll Text last weekend (26/27th feb) and everything was fine. I saved the text to use the same texts again this past weekend, but when I click open and select the saved file to open, the open dialogue box remains on screen. the only way to get it to disappear is to open task manager then just click cancel. This gets rid of the dialogue box, but also freezes the video display. I then have to disable video and re-enable it again, but then I have the same problem of not being able enter text in the search box.
I'm using a Sony Vaio Laptop with 32bit Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 @ 2GHz
3GB Ram
Denon Hc4500 Connected for control

Posted Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 2:04 pm
I'm also having the exact samne problem!! Help

Posted Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 11:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)