Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: how can i save my video clip mixes in video format?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

how can i save my video clip mixes in video format?
because in recording option there's only mp3&wav format how can i mix video clips and save them as video clip to wach them mixed
tanx for anyone who help

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 10:08 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You have to record an external software to do that.
At present VirtualDJ does not allow to record video.

Clax

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 10:09 pm
tanx Clax for replying but can i know how to do that or please a name of a soft to do it with a little basic learning of how to
tanx again

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 10:21 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You are mixing video with only 384 megs of ram?

I'd suggest you look at a dedicated video capture card. There are a ton out there, and I couldn't really recommend one over the other, but Google should get you started.

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 10:39 pm
I guess the cheapest videorecording solution rightnow would be a VCR ;^)

But seriously, get yourself a DVD recorder, they're not really expensive nowadays and it's easy to edit the video afterwards..

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 2:11 am
my video card is Gforce fx 5200 & my pc work great all i need is how to save the video mixes in any video format (mpeg,mpgetc...)
Dear Clax u told by using external soft how? and wish one and how to accord him to vdj live video mixing?
tanx 4 supporting

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 8:15 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My idea (a bit twisted I know): Connect your video out to a video in (it doesn't exist on a FX5200) and record it with an adapted software.

However I don't use video mix out at present and I don't know the video recording softwares I'm sorry for that.

There is maybe a software which take bits sent to the Video Out to record them into a new file ? I don't know.

Could someone give a solution here ?

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 8:36 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can get video capture cards starting at about $25, but be aware that may of the cheaper ones will rely on your cpu as much as themselves to compress the video, store, etc.

If you spend a bit more, you can find models that have more onboard processing power themselves and will do much of the work for you.

With a little work, a good Tivo card can turn your PC into FREE Tivo-like digital TV recorder as well. It's great!

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 8:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)