Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to remove waveform display and beatmatching? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DeamHome userMember since 2005
I would like to remove both, as I love the program, but would like to remove the waveform display.

Any suggestions?

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 12:55 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 1:04 am
WHY? These are very useful tools......
Actually i have a skin with the waveform 2 times the size.
TY DJ Raz
Best Regards
Andre

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 7:28 pm
Hello!

Can you tell me whitch skin this is?

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 10:14 pm
DeamHome userMember since 2005
Why? Because I am trying to develope my beat matching ability, and when you have two turntables, you don't usually have waveforms to match up. Only the records and your ears.

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 2:09 am
Use a skin that have the possibility to hide the waveform.

The pioneer cdj100 I think is one skin that allows this...

You can even make a pannel in your favorite skin, to hide waveform if you like

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 3:19 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
and the last cdj-700S too

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 3:21 pm
Even with the waveform you still need to match with your ears. Any mix can be on the beat...that is NOT what it takes to make a good mix, only one aspect.

Consider things like key change, Break or riff, loops, volume, etc.

As a long time DJ (Translate old in my 40's!), I find this feature frees you up for other things to "spice up" the mix.

Just a thought.

Ronny582

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 5:22 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You're right but Dean just wants to PRACTICE his hears, not to be helped...

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 5:45 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
what i find about that feature is that even if you didn't "know the song" you can see the breaks, also knowing how much time is left is very nice too, try that with 1200's. its funny becuase the other day i thought if i begin to use VDJ, would i start to lose me ears since i depend on the visuals?

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 6:39 pm
Can someone tell me whitch skin has the waveform 2x size?

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 10:15 pm
BIG waveforms (about doublesized) can be found in:

CDJ-100S v4 by Paky-G & Snake
Pioneer CDJ700-S
Denon 1800F black IV

But dunno if all those skins can work with your version...

FRUiT94

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 12:22 am
@listen2

Do you think the skin should hide the volume shape bar while the 'study mode' is turned on? And also, what about hiding the numeric textzones?

Tell me please.
FRUiT94

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 12:28 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
don't watch the monitor :)

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 6:29 am
use a paper tape and cover it
(as if you lear type with 10 fingers and you cover all keys not to see the writing)

hehe

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 11:24 am
fruit:
i guess if you were a new jack to dj'ing that might be handy. if you wanted to make a skin with no info at all it might help a rookie but the fact that i can see that stuff makes the job a lot easier. the bad thing is that i think were the last of the jedi dj's where when we leared we had to learn the old fashion way. i used to concentrate on the beatmatching mix so hard i would neglect the songs i would pick, or damn i forgot about that break there. for me the infomation displayed in VDJ is only going to help you..........that what draws me to the program!
*looking forward to my TCV and testing this mutha

*hey fruit how about a real nice turntable skin(maybe sideways tables), with nice displays!

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 3:10 pm
In fact this feature has been requested by a user, who wanted to "prove" to his boss that he CAN mix without all those very helpfull infos. Sure the mode is not to be focused on a set, but in the other hand, people use to practice at home to become a better DJ. In this case of practising, hiding some infos can be helpfull to learn how to NOT DO what you said : forget some breaks, dunno the nex song, etc... and to learn more about music, rhythm, sync, keys, etc...

It's finally a mode to help to mix LOL... We could say : "The most you know how to mix without help, the more the set will be easy with".

OR AM I TOTALLY WRONG lol

FRUiT94

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 8:44 pm
but are you saying that using those aids mean that your a weak dj? i disagree, why worry about matching and all that other stuff when you can concentrate on the mix. honestly to me its like sex at night and in the day, at night you can't see what you doing but u sure can feel it.

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 9:35 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's not about "proof". There's something special about getting to that "beatmatched flange" by tweaking the pitch fader until you get goosebumps. You'll never know about if you don't experience it that way, it's a shame.

It's not like sex at night and in the day, it's more like sex with or without a condom. One way is safer, but the other will get you so much more pleasure :)

Nicolas

ps: Deam, edit the xml of your skin and set the waveform colors so that they match the background. Skin documentation is available on this site. If you need more details, please purchase vdj (your status will change) and I'll tell you how to do it.

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 12:38 am
no said anything about feeling it.... it was seeing it and using visuals as aids to mix not "becoming one with the mix" and i think with or without using visuals you get the same results a great mix if not better with them. i think you missing the point and at the same time agreeing with me. so i'll put it a different way....dj'ing the old school way is sex..............dj'ing with VDJ is like sex with the kamasutra book open at the bedside see what you wanna try next
i do believe that you should understand what your doing 1st before trying anything beyond the basic skills that are needed to dj
so fruit i would support a skin with no visuals AT all but to learn what your doing you really need to touch some decks. VDJ already does enough automatic things for you so a rookie might not even know what they do when they do it.

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 3:04 pm
95%