Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Maya USB Soundcard - you made a very BAD recommendation

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rafikiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
In the forum you foks responded to my que re: soundcards with a recommendion for the Maya USB soundcard. I am very dissappointed in Virtual DJ's recommendation of the Maya USB Soundcard. I purchased the Maya EX5 based on it and I have had bad luck with it. Customer and Technical support is horrible. Turns out its not compatible with my Soundcard after numerous problems which was making both channels cut out. So when I asked for a compatible soundcard or even being able to use an additional Maya EX5 they responded poorly with one sentence answers which basically told me I cant use another card. Which means I cant use VirtualDJ supported ability to preview a mix/second track with another soundcard and headphone.

Why does VirtualDJ recommend this product with this limitation? I'm really upset about this and it may cause me to not use VirtualDJ and not recommend it to my piers

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 8:00 pm
Virtual DJ recommends MAYA 44 USB, which is NOT the soundcard you have ... sorry

your Maya 20 EX5 card might be supported real soon

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 8:03 pm
djsluePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Is This Soudcard Supported Now? Does Anyone Know?

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 7:13 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The soundcard recommended is the Maya 44 USB, because it works, have good specs (not the best) and have the best price ($120). But it was discontinued in July 2005. The other soundcard for notebook is maybe M-Audio 410... But for PC we have another options, like the Maya 44 MKII and the M-Audio Delta 44. I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum...

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 8:09 am
I have the Maya ex5. It Has Asio 2.0 Drivers So I am Wonderin if that will be fine.

Thanks

Steve

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 6:35 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
@acw_dj You wrote : "... for PC we have another options, like the Maya 44 MKII..."

No, Maya 44 MKII is not compatible with VDJ in ASIO mode. I have this soundcard and still waiting for any patch :-(

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 2:17 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@Ludek, thanks for this correction.
I'm aware of this problem, but i didn't knew it is still not fixed.
A remind on the bug forum is not a bad idea, because i still believe it is Vdj false.
At least v3 fixed the same problem on my ST audio card, also based on Esi drivers.
Let us know when there is a fix.

As for rhe Maya EX when i tested it it worked great in 5.1 setup (wdm)
For Non TC vinyl setup is a good choice.
For TCV... get a maya44usb (if u find it)
simple ?

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 2:50 am
Hey, Thanks So Right Now I have The Virtual Dj TCV and the Maya EX5 With The EX5-ASIO 2.0 driver installed. I recently ordered a new turntable setup. Will this work together? I could'nt find the Maya 44 for retail but thought the Asio Driver was the important part for its "low latency" mode. Please Let Me know if I will be able to use this setup once my new turntables arrive...

Thanks
Steve

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 7:20 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Thanks Ludek, I didn't be aware of this too... I remember I read that someone is using Maya 44 MKII with TCVs...

You could use ASIO4ALL and work in ASIO mode with your card.

@djslue: The main reason Maya EX5 doesn't work is because you need 2 LINE inputs to get connected 2 Turntables. The Maya EX5 doesn't have it, only have 1 LINE input and 1 MIC input (which is mono, and don't work). If you couldn't get the Maya 44 USB, then you will look for M-Audio Delta 44.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 3:13 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Maya Ex (and EX5) and Maya44usb are very different cards hardware wise.
Dont let the name fool you.
The Ex models are gamecards like the soundblasters, sample rate is locked at 48k
(so only 48k Asio)

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 4:34 pm
So This Card Won't Work at all for me?

Thanks For All The help So faf

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 9:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)