Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Intermittent Bass Dropout.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all... been using VDJ for a few years now and have noticed on some mixes, especially those where the bass line is prominent e.g. prog house, that I get an intermittent dampening of the bass note. It appears to be a random event and never seems to be two bass notes in a row, just every now and then. Sometimes the music will play for several bars without any problem so it is really noticeable when the bass drops out. There is no skip or dropout of the music, just a dampening.

I have been using VDJ on two totally different setups now i.e. different laptop and soundcards but this issue seems to appear on both setups.

Any ideas anyone???

Posted Sat 06 Feb 10 @ 2:22 am
Hi Prenciss

I had the same problem but it sorted out when I turn OFF the "Key Lock feature". However it appears from time to time when I use different computers, so I think (not sure) it's related also to "Latency".

Please take in mind that I'm still using the trial version (series 4 & 5) at home and my sound output is just a small speakers & headphone, so please consider your sound output.

Posted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 1:23 pm
If your computer is fast enough (I.e: Dual core), try enabling advanced master tempo under CONFIG -> Performances which will give you much higher quality master tempo/key lock sound.

NOTE: Scratch must also be set to enhanced algorithm for advanced master tempo to work.

Posted Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 4:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)