Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: If you could built the Ultimate PC to support VDJ 2.1 video mixing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK, here is what I am asking for - Motherboard specs, Processor specs and Video specs.

DON'T want to hear about cases, monitors, memory ( that will be based on the motherboard specs ), and other peripherals. Only motherboard, processor and video choices.

So, for people like Cyderhouse, mp3rick, dj-in-norway and others that have been experimenting and using the Video mixing capabilities of VDJ; what would you look for in building a Powerhouse machine?

Cyderhouse - I know you posted your specs of the machine you recently built, however if you were going to re-design it what would you do differently??

Your inputs are very welcome as I will be building the machine and installing it in the club that I am currently working. Also, if you provide input and are able to supply a link to the product, for me to look at the specs; then that would be great!!

Thanks and look forward to your inputs. [ Hopefully some people from the Dev Team will make a post to get their perspective. ]

v/r,
cstoll

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 5:42 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have the basically the same questions as CStoll.
The following is a 'customize' page for the laptop I am considering. Any input on customization choices would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.costco.com/CTO/HPConfigurator.aspx?prodid=10029570&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=4580&hierPath=84*4580*&model=PF456AV

I know a desktop system would be more powerful in general, but because I am mobile, and because a laptop conveniently contains the computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and UPS, I have decided that a laptop is a neccessity in my situation, so no flames please ;)

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 4:14 pm

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 4:19 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
My pc was budget constained he wants the ultimate pc ever lol

If i had no money limits these would by my specs hehe

AMD Athlon 64 FX55 ClawHammer/Hammer Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADAFX55ASBOX (815 dollars us)

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard (175 us dollars)

BFG Tech BFGR68512UOCX Geforce 6800Ultra 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card you'll need 2 of these (884.00 dollars us each)

OCZ Peroformance 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) you'll need 4 sticks of this
(138.00 us dollars each)

3310 and thats without any hard drives, monitor, or case :)

its good to dream

"speed is a question of money, how fast do you wanna go?"

A quote from the movie mad max

almost forgot

www.newegg.com

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 11:17 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cyderhouse,

Have you considered the new DFI Lanparty boards? Their overclocking ability and the fact that they can send very high voltages to the RAM for fast timings has me leaning towards it instead of the normal Asus/Abit I usually buy.

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 11:39 pm
DFI?

let me check them out may change my answer :)

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 1:14 am
dunno man I've got mixed feelings for this board. I don't like the fact when a video card is installed it blocks the usb header.

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 3:43 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 9:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)