Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual vinyl controll box problem..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Dj RwdCUE userMember since 2007
By controll box for my virtual vinyl has developed a problem with the USB input on the back of it. If you move it ever so slightly it cuts out the signal and then it will just give you error messages about there being a problem with the hardware flag up in Windows till you wiggle it round to the correct place. This happens at such a slight movement.. Is this a easy to fix problem by your self as my warranty has expired. Thanks Danny

Posted Mon 01 Feb 10 @ 2:07 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Try a branded USB cable, maybe Belkin USB2.0 with a minimal length, hope that helps.
Otherwise if you can do it yourself, you can open the box and check if there's a cold solder on the USB out to the PCB. An indication would be a not shinny solder point with slight crack surrounding the point. Re-solder it.
If you know what I mean.

Posted Tue 02 Feb 10 @ 12:49 am
Dj RwdCUE userMember since 2007
Hi, ive tried 5 diffrent leads including a Belkin with no such luck... Thinking i may have to send it to numark, Either that or bin it and get something else its been nothing but trouble!!

Posted Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 3:17 pm
damyxzPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Open the box and look at the circuit board where the USB port is located. Look at the solder joints, I bet a contact leg has been desoldered or the solder cracked due to use. Just heat up the joint and maybe apply a small amount of solder to it.

Posted Tue 09 Feb 10 @ 2:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)