Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Imtoo DVD ripper settings for VDJ 2.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I really like this ripper. Here are the settings that work best for me my system is

athlon 64 3000
1gb of pc3200
nvidia 6600gt 128mb

after two weeks of testing I found this to be the perfect balance between filesize and quaity. Well, as good as you can get with mpeg-1

note: if you are getting overflows you may have to increase the bit rate or the mux rate. I've found that most videos will work with the above settings, but if your video has lots of motion you may get some overflows.

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 9:53 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks Cyderhouse; very good work.
It should very usefull for all of us.

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 11:27 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
3DNow is it not only for AMD? I don't remember

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 12:15 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Good work thanks.

From what type of input file can Imtoo DVD Ripper work with and to what type of output file?

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 12:35 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
well the cool thing about imtoo is the will convert a vob to mpeg1 or it will rip it right off the dvd.

I found a few more tweeks today. I'll be posting those up a little later. I can push vdj to handle some larger resoultions but my tests are based entirely on my personal system so your mileage may very. I found the vdj handles resoultions clear up to 640x640 and files up to 200mb after that it chokes pretty bad, even on a very fast system.

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 1:24 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The thing is i have video clips in wmv and avi format. would like to know if it handles these formats to convert them in mpg.

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 11:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)