Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: button action

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't know if i'm doing something wrong, but with the mapper i can create a shortcut:
load 'E:\Music\Simple Minds - The Best Of (2001)\CD1\Simple Minds - The Best Of - 01 - Don't You (Forget About Me).mp3'
I tought when I make a button in a skin and copy this line it would work. So I made this:
action="load 'E:\Music\Simple Minds - The Best Of (2001)\CD1\Simple Minds - The Best Of - 01 - Don't You (Forget About Me).mp3'"
But...It isn't working.

Can please someone tell me why?

Best regards,
John

Posted Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 2:55 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Moved as you are discussing a skin element, not a wish or new feature.

The immediate problem that springs out to me is the ' in your filename.

I don't have VDJ in front of me to test the impact, but if you wanted to include a delimited character like that in a string in a programming language you would usually have to escape it. I've never run into this with VDJScript myself - does it work if you rename the file to remove it?

You could also try escaping it (\') but I've no idea what impact that will have within a VDJ element if I'm honest.

Posted Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 5:26 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi SBDJ,
You're only talking about the ' ?
I did type it in the xml but also with or without the ". Nothing works.
I use this same action in a skin for another software (silverjuke). There you only have to change all \'s for /, so E:\Music\..... would be E:/Music/....
I tried this to but nothing works. btw, I use the ' in my xml. something like "skin_pannel 'one' " no problems at all.

But.... I have posted a wish, about creating a button in a skin for the filterfolder. Something like action="open_filterfolder 'E:\Music\...'".
That would also do the jop.

Thanks for your reply
Best regards,
John

Posted Sat 30 Jan 10 @ 10:21 pm

I tried and that works well, look if you forgot nothing (pannel, position etc.)

load 'C:\Users\mes dossiers\Ma musique\2009\Artiste - Title.mp3'

<button action="load 'C:\Users\mes dossiers\Ma musique\2009\Artiste - Title.mp3'">
<size width="17" height="24"/>
<pos x="523" y="154"/>
<up x="875" y="1403"/>
<down x="875" y="1403"/>
<over x="893" y="1403"/>
</button>

Posted Sun 31 Jan 10 @ 12:03 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djjb wrote :
You're only talking about the ' ?

I was talking about the fact that the file you are pointing at has a ' in it's name - "Don't". This could break the element when it's read; I don't know I haven't tried it.

Posted Sun 31 Jan 10 @ 6:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)