Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: question about the RMX? please help :)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey all,
well im debating on wether to buy an RMX or a steel.

my question is this.

i currently have a computer with virtual DJ playing through my creative (computer) speakers. i dont use headphones to mix (at the moment).

i was wondering if i was to buy the RMX, would i just simply plug it into my computer via usb and have the main audio (to the "audience") coming through my computer speakers, as it is now, and the next track playing in my headphones plugged into the RMX?

or would i have to buy two speakers and plug them into the back of the RMX?

if that made any sense i would really appreciate some help!

thanks in advance

tom

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 11:37 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
The VDJ version included with the Rmx can only use the soundcard incorporated into the Rmx, so you would then need to connect speakers (your current ones should do fine) to output 1/2 on the back of the Rmx and the headphone to the appropriate connector.

If you get the Pro version, you could technically use 2 different soundcards, but it is recommended to use only 1 in order to prevent problems.

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 12:09 pm
i have a creative (surround sound) speaker set up though. there isnt just 2 leads theres a few and they all go to the bass box

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 12:26 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
You will probably need one of these adapters:

http://www.xscables.com/prodimages/CC399FM_LR.jpg

Once done, put your system in "Surround" mode ( or similar) which will indicate to your speakers that your are only using a stereo source (check the user manual for more details).

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 12:53 pm

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 2:00 pm
RMX has a built-in DJ sound card that allows headphone pre-listening. Steel and MP3e2 do not have a built-in sound card - You would need to add a surround sound card or a DJ sound card such as Numark DJIO to allow this.

Steel and RMX are larger than the MP3e2, allowing more buttons and more space between them. The case is also made of metal rather than plastic and there is a pitch slider instead of a rotary knob.

RMX and Steel also currently give a considerable discount off the cost of upgrading to VirtualDJ Pro. MP3e2 gives less discount.

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 3:21 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The RMX Work Very Well And The Sound Card Work Well When Your Useing The On KeyLock for Moving The picth When Music Is Playing.

Posted Thu 28 Jan 10 @ 5:32 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
For all those looking at using the RMX with a Desktop Computer based surround sound card and speakers.

Just go for the steel.

If you get the RMX you are paying some extra money for a sound card that you don't actualy need.

You would be better off using the extra cash to let you upgrade to the VDJ pro level.

Daz

Posted Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 12:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)