Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 2.1 & 2.06 & HDJC distorted sound when opening applications

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For quite some time i noticed that while i am mixing with VDJ 2.06 (also the new version 2.1), that as soon as i open IE simultaneously, the sound gets totally distorted. It can only be fixed with restarting VDJ.

The same happens with Acrobat Reader. When opening Outlook i have suddenly no sound at all. This also can only be fixed by restarting VDJ.

Would be nice to find a solution here.. any ideas or someone with a similar problem ?

VDJ 2.1 / 2.06 (working in Advanced Config with an external mixer in ASIO mode)
Soundcard: Hercules DJ Console Version 1.2.4.0
Firmware 35 - 1.HDJ.2005 - Bulk Status 2

CPU: Athlon XP 2600+
RAM: 1GB

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 12:15 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Asio with Hercules console? not a good idea.
Try wdm setup (single output, or 5.1 for console) to see if helps.

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 12:48 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why shouldnt ASIO work ? Hercules Drivers have been updated several times until now to fix ASIO capabilities. I dont notice the distortion with my other Native Instruments Traktor Console Edition mixing software. So i guess it cant be the Console or the drivers respectively.

I'm using 5.1 output to my external mixer (1/2 - 5/6 outputs to mixer). Single output is out of option for me as i find it impossible to mix precisely with the Console. EQ knobs lack fine tuning and also the crossfader is way to unprecise. With WDM setup i suppose you mean the non-asio mode ?

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 1:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)