Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Recording Feature v2.1 working with external mixer and HDJC?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm wondering if its possible to set up VDJ to record the line-out from my external mixer (connected via 1/2 - 5/6 Console Output -> Mixer) on the HDJC's LineIn ?

If i choose: Record from LineIn -> Hercules Dj Console i get an 'Record Error - Soundcard unavailable' message!

I tried in ASIO mode (VDJ in Advanced Config), then i get above error. Also i tried without ASIO getting an 'empty file', but then no error that soundcard is unavailable occurs.

So i guess its not possible to use 2 outputs and 1 line-in simultaneously ?

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 10:27 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i never tryed record through line-in on Hercules console when i was mixing with vdj, but try to connect mixer to line-in in your sound card in computer (pci) or external if you have it (usf/firewire) and record. it must be possible simple with recorder built in OS.

Dj Nikki

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 1:39 pm
Did you go to Hercules setting (Right-click alien head), and choose that the console "listen to" line in?

By default I think the record is set to mic for Hercules

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 1:42 pm
I actually didnt have it configured that way. Changed the setting to 'listen to' line-in but still i end up with empty wav or mp3 files. Maybe its technically not possible with the HDJC.

But i try to use the line-in of my other soundcard (Creative Soundblaster Audigy LS). I tried once to record with this setup but ended up with skips all over the mix. Suppose this is stressing the hd's too much. Maybe recording directly to mp3 will solve the matter.

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 1:58 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
inpossible that HD is not so fast to write waw file when mixing. try to record your mix in vdj without external mixer and directly to waw. you'll se that your mix will be completely recorded.
perhaps there is problem with recorder. did you try recorder which comes with windows or with audigy SB?

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 2:36 pm
I have solved the issue!! :)

I made a dumb mistake actually. I used the wrong secondary Master-Out of my external mixer. LOL

Now i set VDJ up to record to mp3. Havent tried WAV yet. But the result in mp3 is already great.
Before i always tried to record to my SB soundcard and got really crappy results.

This is WAY BETTER!!

Two things i havent figured out though:

1) When i choose in VDJ to record from the HDJC -> Line-IN, isnt there a possibility to adjust the volume level ? With the Soundblaster soundcard i got a recording control for all possible channels. With the DJ Console the volume button is 'greyed out' in the windows settings. Also no option in VDJ to change recording volume.

2) Why cant i record in ASIO mode? Then i get the 'Record Error - Soundcard unavailable'

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 2:50 pm
I only know about the fist..... Hercules do lack a volume slider for record.
You have to adjust gain on your external mixer, and find a setting that gives good quality

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 5:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)