Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: broadcasting:listeners

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

nashv01Home userMember since 2010
I have a bandwidth of 1 Mbps download and 256 kbps Upload............i relevance to this how many listeners do you think i can have and what speed should i stream at..............is 25-30 listeners enough

Posted Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 11:46 am
nashv01 wrote :
I have a bandwidth of 1 Mbps download and 256 kbps Upload............i relevance to this how many listeners do you think i can have and what speed should i stream at..............is 25-30 listeners enough

Hi!

With 256 kbps Upload I would suggest you should stream @ 96kbps which is equal to two possible listeners (96 x 2 = 192kbps) for your stream as you always need some additional overhead for your stream.

Best regards.

Posted Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 1:24 pm
nashv01Home userMember since 2010
what if i wont to stream to around 25-30 listeners will there be any lagging occurring.......and at what bit rate should i stream to keep this number of listeners.........

Plus is 1Mbps down and 256 kbps up a good bandwidth

Posted Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 9:04 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
It is easy math ;-)

256kps / 30 listeners = 8,533kps

I would not really like to listen!!!!

For me a good sound starts at 128kps.
But i guess, the min. is 96kps.

So now, again the easy math.

96kps x 30 listeners = 2.880kps constant UPSTREAM

But also keep in your mind:
Not only the music stream needs upload, each acting with the i-net, need upstream too.

cheers

Posted Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 7:50 am
hello, I have a 152MB download and 13MB upload, how many listeners should I set my limit to please, it is going out to a radiostation via shoutcast thru my VDJ licence, can you find out how many people are locked in? the station is also has a Tune IN app, so I have set my system at 200 people but I have no idea how many people are locked, any help would be great...thanks in advance

Posted Wed 03 Feb 16 @ 3:44 pm
When you stream to a radioserver, listeners connect to the server, not directly with you. Therefore it's the radioserver that will provide you the info on how many listeners are connected to your stream.

Posted Thu 04 Feb 16 @ 1:54 am
thanks for that :)

Posted Thu 04 Feb 16 @ 2:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)