Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plugins downloads just for pro users?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PezmcPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have version 5.22 that came with my Hercules RMX, I think this is a LE. Is the only way to get access to plug-ins getting the pro edition? Is it worth paying about £100 to get access to these as probably most of the extra pro features I won't use..?

What do you all think?

Posted Sat 23 Jan 10 @ 6:55 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hell yeah, for the skins alone, then if you do video now or in the future you can't be without all of those plugin effects.

Posted Sat 23 Jan 10 @ 7:05 am
Thats a tough call..

To be honest, I've only recently started seriously exploring the 'extras' available with my 'Pro' status,
for almost two years now I've always just run the skins that came with VDJ.. (and only used a few plug-ins)

From the start their was two plugins that were pretty important to me..
"Sonique Animations" - since I only had maybe 400 videos at the start, this was HUGE..
"SBDJ_SlideShow" - the stock slideshow didnt work 100% for me (distorting pics etc), so this plugin was a SELLING POINT! FOR MY CLIENTS
"Text2D" I used for New Years Eve, and worked awesome..

With the upgrade you will get the newer 'mapper' engine..
which means being able to completely customize your RMX.. to YOUR liking

You also get Netsearch (not a huge thing IMHO), but still a nice extra.. (and i now must admit, I have used it)

hmmm..
thinking about it that way.. ya.. the Pro version is worth it. maybe its not such a 'tough call'.

Posted Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 12:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)