Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 1 turntable?????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How can i config 1 turntable with tcv to work on active decks????
i found it on the config menu of tcv,but it doesend work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
with 2 turntables no problem!!!!!!!
please help

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 3:42 pm
you need to make a keyboard shortcut for changing what deck that the timecode should controll

the shortcut action is called TIMECODE_ACTIVE

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 6:55 pm
thanks lot of help now it works:-)

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 9:55 pm
good ;)

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 10:17 pm
but why not automaticly on the active desk?????

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 12:19 am
it was discussed a lot before the release of 2.1

we decided on making the switch from one deck to the other be something the user had to do with INTENTION, by shortcut or buttons in future skins

reason being that loading a song to a deck (=making deck active) should not result in "accidents" where the use would still thing the other deck was controlled by timecode

I really think the smartest and best way is the way it is now... so that the user by INTENTION have to switch decks that is controlled by timecode, and not automatically follow active deck (=huge chance of "mistakes")

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 2:54 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I think it's more confusing this way, if you have to "think" everetime, more chances to make it wrong. From the time a new song is loaded -and active deck is changed aytomatically- dj pay attention to the new track, so i think its normal the timecode to control the new track from that time. There is only a stop button needed (keyboard) to stop the first track after mixing. Believe me i have experimented a lot on this before Atomix add this feature in Virtual dj.

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 3:23 am
maybe it can be added as a new feature

is general settings, choose if one timecode should (1) be user switched or (2) follow active deck

I see your arguments, and your point is for sure valid. We discussed this before the release, not being sure what way would be best

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 12:14 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if you have the real turntable pitch in +3 in the software the pitch is in 0 so when you turn off TCV the song turn back to zero .so what's the point to use this feature ?
The software pitch isn't the same of the turntable pitch (I'm talking about the slider)

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 2:26 pm
disable pitch reset, and the pitch does not go back to zero, when changing what deck should be controlled by timecode

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 5:35 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the slider in the software don't move if I move the turntable pitch ..

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 7:08 pm
ah... that might be true

The pitch will change with timecode use, when moving slider on turntable
Dont know if the slider in skin will follow that action, if that is what you mean??

if thats the case, maybe dev team can fix that ... if that looks better :)

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 7:46 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dj-in-norway -

You are right, the + / - numeric will change but the slider will not move.
However, when you load the song into a deck the pitch does reset, it's just that once you start the TCV back up and the REAL TT it is already at say +3 then VDJ reacts to the setting on the REAL TT.

So, the problem here is a learning curve and not software, however; the visual of the slider moving to the pitch change would greatly help!!

cstoll

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 8:10 pm
apopsis i think the same way like you.it should follow the active desk "not so confusing"

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 4:16 pm
I have a question about this.....I have one denon 3000 and I am trying to get it to be able to switch which deck the denon controls. I set up a control for the timecode active but all it does is enable/disable control of the one deck....it doesnt allow me to switch between which virtual decks the denon controls. How would i configure it to do this? thanks :)

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 5:11 pm
make the shortcut with the vaule "DEFAULT DECK".

That should switch it from one deck to the other, I think

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 5:25 pm
hey norway......when i put that setting the shortcut key did nothing. When I made it active deck it would make the denon stop controlling the right virtual deck but it would not let me control the left deck. I think this setting just toggles control of the one deck not switch between which deck the external deck controls. Is this correct?

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 4:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)