Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ forum bug..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have noticed that if I have not logged on to the site in a few days, that when I enter the forums and see active threads that if I select a thread all threads below it go inactive. (i.e. 12 acive threads 1-12 from the top, I select thread 8. view it and return to subforum threads 8-12 will no longer be "Active", visually the red record is replaced by the black.) It is no means a henderance to accessing the site, it is more of an annoyance, for most times my time is limited , so I cannot see all the new threads at once. So when I return I end up reviewing alot that I may have allready covered.
Thanks for your time.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 1:13 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
it's not a bug but a limitation to don't overload our server with the forum.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 4:49 pm
best way is to always start from the bottom and work your way up then only threads you have read will change

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 7:56 pm
Thought about that, but not all threads are necessary to view, only ones pertaining to my interest. Which I am sure is normal with the rest of your users as well, you normally go (or try to) to the threads which interest you the most and read the others afterwards, the only way I could see it necessary to read each and every thread that passes by is if one was a moderator or something of the sort, like I said before it is a small thing and doesn't stop me from accessing the site, so I'll deal with it. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Thu 14 Aug 03 @ 8:38 am
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
>it's not a bug but a limitation to don't overload our server with the forum.

This is an anwer to so many questions regarding the forums that I would have to ask you: How do you even manage to have a site on a 286? Or is it a Comodore 64? :)

Posted Thu 14 Aug 03 @ 12:03 pm
@nscode

No it's a Vic 20 in tandem with an 8080 as a backup. LOL!

Posted Thu 14 Aug 03 @ 12:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)