Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: EMERGENCY!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey all DJS,
We open this Friday and It's my first job as a DJ, the place provided me with a radio and like sorround speakers to it, It doesn't have an AUX, so I have to figure a way to connect the radio to my laptop, because I cannot connect the speakers to the laptop because their not amplified. I was thinking of ways I can do this, In the process I ended up peeling my headphones and wrapping them in the speaker ends, Bad Idea :/. So now I'm going to consult with you guys if this may work, Put a Cassette Mp3 Adapter to the radio, take the 3.5mm end and connect it to the laptop. Its a Toshiba and the Radio is a Sharp MPS800W, The speakers are LG(not amplified). If this isn't going to work, PLEASE, Give me other Ideas, I couldn't find the radio model online so here's a quick description: 5 cd player, mp3,2 cassette ports,Mic connection, Has those red,yellow,white holes for audio and video(don't know what their called). Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite.
http://www.nexons.co.uk/images/el/Black_Cassette_Adapter1.jpg

ALL HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED, EVEN JUST STOPPING BY TO WISH ME LUCK

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 10:22 pm
Dj TfosHome userMember since 2009
sorry dude , wish i could help .

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 1:26 am
So if I understand correctly, the bar has a radio and you are trying to transmit in FM so that the system picks it up or are you saying that there is a casette player in the system and you want to use a casette adaptor to enable your laptop to be heard ove the system?

I wouldn't recommend either. If this is your opening night and you expect the place to be busy, this system (which sounds pretty much like a home HiFi to me) will be drowwed out by crowd.

Best option, would be to see if the owners will hire you in an amp & speaker system for you to use.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:44 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think until you get more experience you need to tell the management to get someone in that knows exactly what they are doing and understands precisely what is required.

For a club opening you only get one chance and for the club to hire an inexperienced guy it shows the direction it is already heading in, if you happen to be family of the owners or worse still not, please put your hands up and tell them to get an experienced guy in and for you to be trained by them.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 7:21 am
All i can say is

WOW!

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 1:53 pm

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 2:12 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
tayla wrote :
I think until you get more experience you need to tell the management to get someone in that knows exactly what they are doing and understands precisely what is required.

For a club opening you only get one chance and for the club to hire an inexperienced guy it shows the direction it is already heading in, if you happen to be family of the owners or worse still not, please put your hands up and tell them to get an experienced guy in and for you to be trained by them.

Amen brother! No shame in admitting it, you will be worse off if it fails and you could not pull through.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:43 pm
Problem solved, got an RCA cablee and is working perfectly, my Y cable got broken and now I've looked everywhere to buy it, so there is another problem, but much easier to solve.
It's not a club is a pub/restaurant, no big deal,plus I am experienced just used other programs than virtual DJ.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 10:17 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
glad to hear your getting sorted, good luck for the opening.

Posted Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 5:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)