Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Unable to get BPM in 2.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had over 4000 of songs analyzed with 2.06 this works ok
After upgrade all works ok. I used ID3tag reading off, write id3s off.

Added some new songs to search database and let them analyze.
The yellow mark that song is unknown dissapeared, but when I dragged it onto deck
i didn't see the bmp, even when song loaded fully.

Reanalyzing (hiphop or any music) did not help.

i MUST turn writing of tags on. THIS SOLVED PROBLEM

I am not sure if it a bug or feature, but old behavior is to store it in an xml file.
2.1 reads it even from xml file, but looks like is not storing it there anymore.

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 10:23 am
I think VDJ is doing 2 things now :

1. Its writing all info (such as bpm) into idtag of the mp3 file, so that you can move it to another user, computer etc. The info is stored with each mp3 file

2. It is still writing the info to database as well, saved when VDJ closes

It should be possible to run VDJ with ID read & write OFF

I run it personally with idtag read OFF (dont like all the idtag info) and idtag write ON, so that VDJ tags are written to the mp3 file (backup, in case database gets corrupted, and also to move file from computer to computer)

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 1:54 pm
Thanks norway

Hmmm strange i tested it 3 times (restart vdj) before posting and couldn get vdj to write bpm into xml, but song was without the yellow mark after the first analysis (maybe it was written in the txt file only and not in xml database)

At every exit vdj said saving database.
When I turned on id3tag saving a saw with hexedit that what was saved previously in xml (or in this case has to be but was not) is now in an mp3file. :-)

I am not 100% sure but the time was displayed and BPM not.

At first I thought it is something with the song Alcazar - Alcastar ;-) that prevents it to analyse correctly

Today all works as expected, and as you said or rather wrote.

I am using id3tags same way as you, but was testing performance and turned all off.

Nevermind, just for the case someone encounters the same ...

I feel lame because i did not check what's in the xml database when this happened.

btw. I was not drunk yesterday, and it was not a dream (I hope :-) )

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 3:58 pm
hehe ;) as long as all works fine now ;)

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 4:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)