Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: RSS to text overlay plugin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Anyone have anything like this? Or a plugin that will read from a text file. Does anyone have some source code that would help? I have a friend that would help me build a plugin if he had something to start with. I have setup a google voice/email account to receive SMS messages(for free) and would like to RSS them to VDJ. I have a RSS ticker that will show all the new messages that are coming in from gmail rss feed, just wont overlay on the video window.

thanks,
David

Posted Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 7:36 pm
I would also like to know something on this topic. I have gotten as far as you have, with the google voice for an SMS number, and I have also looked at FireText.tv (their website says they have a virtualDJ plugin).

Anyone know of a simple way to get some of the functionality that FireText.tv has but without spending that kind of money?

Posted Tue 09 Feb 10 @ 10:59 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
yep, no doubt about it, our development team have made a fantastic job of integrating the software into VDJ. Not only have we given users a brilliant FREE plugin available from the download section for those not wanting to use the SMS function, But I'm just about to release news on something rather special concerning the Firetext VDJ plugin.

Posted Tue 09 Feb 10 @ 11:50 am
The main thing I have found about all the programs for this functionality is most of them (if not all) require a GSM cell phone or modem. I dont want to give out my personal cell phone number, and dont really want to get one just for the screen overlays.

Most phones are capable of email, is there not a plugin that could do this with email, or something like Google's SMS to email so that I could have a number or email address specifically for this purpose?

The main club I play videos at has a small capacity, I can't see spending that much money on something that will probably not get used a lot, especially to figure in another monthly bill that I would have to pay for out of my own pocket.

Posted Tue 09 Feb 10 @ 12:31 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ever thought of buying a cheap secondhand compatible phone to use, or even simpler get an extra sim card and use it's number while doing the gig.

There are no monthly charges associated with Firetext, once you purchase, updates for that particular system are FREE

If you don't want to use the SMS function go get the FREE plugin at downloads > plugins > video effects, you can use all the functions other than SMS, courtesy of Firetext.

Need any more info on the above guys just ask.

yk23 sent you a pm.

Posted Tue 09 Feb 10 @ 1:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)