Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: @Everyone

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For a couple of years now there has been talk from the users of atomixmp3 to try and change peoples perception of digital mixing.
From competitions to mix CD's, dedicatd radio stations to open air concerts, everything has been named but yet nothing has ever been done.

Come on isnt it about time we all did something together.

There are over 1.5 million users of Atomixmp3 but few people in the UK respect it as a viable means of DJing.

The last "great" event organised was the NescafeLive competition. However that ended up as a sham. Out of the few of us who made it to the finals we were told:

"sorry you need decks to compete in the finals. Atomix was just used so everyone could enter via the web"

Once the first round was over where did Atomix feature then? No one was interested, and only distant memory of the atomix name past on with the rest of the competition.

This isnt on. Back then there was never any intention of giving the prize to an Atomix User. Instead it went to some ten-a-penny Vinyl DJ who mixed another "Ibiza greatest hits from last....." set. (sorry Trip nicked your quote from an old topic hope you dont mind)

Native Instrument's Traktor, on the other hand, has thousands of fans within the UK. Purely and simply because of Final Scratch. Although they only have around 100K users, they have very big, and groundbreaking DJ's associated with them such as Richie Hawtin etc..

Who does atomix have?

Carl f*ing Cox? What the f*ck? whats going on? Some past it Commercial pop DJ. Where is the innovative, groundbreaking and ultimately industry revolutionising criteria in him?!?! (No offence Carl you're just not my idea of a good image for atomix productions)

Sorry to rant now. But with all the talk of pro controllers, pricing and "its not how you do it its the way that it sounds" crap going on in the previous topic, I thought I would voice my opinion.

I have been using atomix software now for four years. (all be it one year was a poor hack) but.... I feel that nothing is being done to increase the awareness of our genre. There are many talented DJ's amongst us who can really give the so called Pro Vinyl DJ's a run for there money but no one will take us seriously. Come on guys if we all put our efforts together we could organise something huge. How about an "ATOMIXMP3 PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS" concert or a real competition. Even a CD. Im sure there are hundreds of users who would like to contribute.

The way it is at the moment, unless you have a piece of black plastic to play with no one will take you seriously and im afraid that the Vinalists were right a couple of years back. Computer DJing will eventually die a slow and painful death.

Shite aint it.

Jukesy

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 3:42 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I guess I don't get it, could be cause I'm the states. Why do we care if people approve of the way we dj or not. Guess I'm alone in the thinking here. As I've said before in a differnt post. How you mix is more important than what you mix on. I laugh because I can pull off some great stuff while the vinyl guys are digging through crates. I don't care if someone thinks I'm not a real dj because I don't use vinyl. When I walk away from a gig with a cool 900 us in my pocket I smile all the way to the bank, and the vinyl guy sitting in his basment saying i'm a real dj cause I use vinyl. Sure VDJ could probely get some world famous dj to endorse the product, but at what cost? Making the software cost more? Not worth it and I'm glad they are smarter than that. Have you seen final scratch what a joke its limited to 1500 tracks and you have to lug your tables too just so you can "control" it. At what advantage is this? So you look like a "real" dj. How lame. I'm not flaming you here rather just trying to understand your "rant" I started out on vinyl swtiched to cd's and now mp3 never looked back once. I think its funny how all these dj products are trying to mimic the vinyl feel. It will never happen. If I wanted vinyl feel I'd use a turntable end of story. Dj software is not vinyl and I'm glad its so much more.

~~cyder~~

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 10:33 am
Your one of the lucky ones then to be making money.

I fully agree with you on how the music sounds.

You should have heard my mix album but you can view the comments here.

http://www.atomixmp3.com/forum/display.html?topic=9719

To me its not about making money anyway. Its about spreading decent music and blowing people away because they here something totaly new. What is the point in playing amazing mixes if there is no one to hear it. There is only so much fun you can have by yourself.

Unfortunately its near impossible to get a gig in the UK or a CD released because no one takes Atomix seriously. If i were using Traktor on the other hand that would be different because they have a huge community that celebrates music creation and mixing and they have huge concerts to promote awareness mainly on the continent such as Germany.

So you see Cyderhouse. Well done for you! But think about the rest of us.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 1:25 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
>So you look like a "real" dj.

Final Scratch is not about looking real. Its about using the best controler ever created - a turntable - to control music from PC. Its about giving virtual DJs a hands-on expirence.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 1:37 pm
Either way dont you think its about time we had a dedicated atomixmp3 productions concert?

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 5:10 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
Yes, that is a great idea, but if we waited this long, we should make sure that all the big bugs are fixed and all support products are finished, before doing it.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 5:36 pm
You could use either atomix or VJ. Get everyone involved

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 5:40 pm
Jukesy i'm in England (i think you know that ;)) and i'm prepared to dedicate my spare time to setting up some sort of show if your up for it too?

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 7:19 pm
Sounds good to me.

Werent you in Canada for a while?

Anyways, Ill definately be up for organising something like that.
It would probably cost a bit to advertise and set up but if the team would back us this would be some hot publicity.

See who else is interseted within the Atomix ranks air there views. You can get my MSN information from DJ Homeboy if you want to contact me however Ill be away til sunday

Cheers

Steve

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 7:26 pm
I am working as virtual dj for 3 years now.located in austria.
and ther is still the problem of exepting!!!!!spezialy from other dj`s.never from the audience!!!!!!
But i think the problem is the musicindustry!!!!
The are ripping of the people with overpriced vinyls and keeping the vibe alive that djìng is only prof.with vinyl.
I understand its a fucking gooood business for them.
But believe me its not possible to turn back time.
and vitual djìng will become usual.

Fuck the historical Vinyl and protect the creativ people-not the fat music-industry with there chart-managers!!!!

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 7:41 pm
"spezialy from other dj`s.never from the audience"

too true. That statement sums it up.

Unforunately the people who put you in front of the audience are the promoters and other DJ's. Although I have done a few average clubs and bars in Nottingham, have had a radio show for a year now, and had Discobar Galaxie say they will let me warm up and cool down for them if they ever do a gig in the UK, Its impossible to get a gig.

Especially with the millions of crappy tapes sent to promoters every day from wannabe Vinyl DJ's. As soon as you say it was done on a computer they throw your tape in the bin without even a listen.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 7:46 pm
Jukesy check the Atomix post ;)

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 7:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)