Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: WHAT MIXER? HERCULES DJ CONSOLE OR BEHRINGER BCD2000?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

Can anyone help me decide on what mixer to get to mix mp3's/wavs & use 2 vinyl decks??? I am seriously thinking of getting the new Behringer BCD2000 (Which isnt out yet!), or should i get the Hercules DJConsole? HELP!!

Thanks,

FlApJaCk

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 8:36 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
These units are not mixers. They are controllers that send signals to VDJ to control the internal software mixing functions (as well as others).

I would encourage you to get a real hardware mixer (if you want the ability to mix your vinyls without VDJ, you MUST have one).

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 8:52 pm
actually they are mixers as well... at least the Hercules DJConsole
Think the other one as well

It got EQ knobs, crossfader, pitch sliders ....

:)

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 9:01 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That's not a mixer in my book, and I think you are playing devil's advocate a bit, norway. =)

Looks like the original poster has TCV. I doubt he wants a controller to manipulate the internal software mixer functions, but I may be wrong.

@flapjack: If you *do* want a controller and not a stand alone hardware mixer...don't do it. =) A mixer will allow you to use your turntables without VDJ if your computer breaks down, overheats, you don't feel like lugging it to a gig, etc. Not to mention the fact that they sound and feel better than using the internal functions, in my opinion.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 9:19 pm
hehe

I just said the controller had a build in mixer :)

But even I, who got a consolle, use EXTERNAL pioneer mixer with it ... a lot better for sure:)

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 10:21 pm
The Behringer set up looks as though it will offer a little better functionality IMHO. Behringer electronicts have improved vastly over the last couple of years without a big hike in price.

As for Mixers take a look at the the Behringer vm mixers , depending on what you need for channels 2 phono / 2 line , upto 7 channel dj mixers . I am a heavy behringer user in both my nightclub and my studio , and if you are looking for babg for the buck you cant go wrong.

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 12:00 am
behringer is not out yet. it may work with VDJ but dont expect it to have full functionality unless atomix adds naitive support (in the config of VDJ)

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 3:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)