Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DATABASE PROBLEM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

fremdjPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have an external hard drive with all my music (over 35.000 tracks) most of the time i use it with my macbook pro computer, but when i plug this external hard drive in a windows computer, I lost more than 50% of the BPM's information in my tracks, Is there any way to create two different database so I can use in windows or mac separately and avoid losing this info again. Or as I asked long time ago , Can we store this BPM;s information directly in the TAGS o the song so we never lost the info
Thanks in advance, but the way HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE

Posted Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 10:00 pm
fremdjPRO InfinityMember since 2004
anybody ????

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 10:40 am
i've always had issues w/ having a song list over a thousand songs. and even more issues w/ having an external hdd w/ the mac version. corrupting the list every other week. having to re-install the blasted thing. app zapper the sucker. google it. pay ten bones unlimited lifetime updates. uninstall it using it. re-install it.

minimize your programs running when u use virtual dj. go to applications / utilities / activity monitor. close all tasks of programs u know of that dont effect the basic use. turn off blue tooth, disconnect ethernet cable n turn off airport. so it doesn't chew up resources n power. so u hav good response in whatever u r doing. i've done all those tips seen on this forum n it still doesn't help. i feel they need to start from the ground up on there coding. when people write code. there aren't major issues like these people are having. i think they don't have the time or the power to test every type of setup there could be. but they should to dot the i's and cross the t's out.

i got parallel for mac, better then bootcamp but uses more resources / ram. use windows 95, 98, xp, 2000, nt, & the new 7 while using mac normal in a window or linux any version n other non popular os's. look it up.

also look up drive genius 2 (i think that's the newest version out). so u can scan your hdd for errors, bad sectors n defrag your machine. a must if u do a lot of work or dump stuff on it. take it off. leaving a lot of gaps n jumping through hoops to get to file say "woopie cooshin.mp3" could be scattered all over your hdd cause u were multi-tasking. degraf once a month if u can. i believe u need 1/3 of your hdd free external or not i think u need 1/3 of the external plus your desk / labtop drive as well. not sure on that.

a thing about bpm. i've never had accurate bpm w/ this program from looking at the list

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 12:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)