Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: if i buy this product....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

if i buy this product... will all the future versions be free, will they be like patches , or will i have to pay for every new version that comes out? how does it work.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 12:01 am
They are simple updates. And as of yet they have all been free.

MS

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 12:14 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Right nobody knows about the future but ALL updates were free from the 1.00
And by becomming a full user you'll enter in a very cool community.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 2:59 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
brennan11 --

Why don't you just buy the software??

You've been hanging around the forum for a couple of month now.
You have seen the posts and even watch 2.1 release and no charge to current users.
You consistently cast questions of doubt on the abilities of the software with some of your questions, though I will give it to you, that some of your questions have raised others.

But dude, just buy the CAR! If you keep looking at the outside and never drive it off the lot then you just will never know the joy of the ride.

cstoll

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 3:15 am
im considering it, but i am only 15 and $114 is alot to me when i only have $150 left in my account. once i get enought to buy this and the turntable package im looking at i will probably buy it. but right now, i cant

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 4:30 pm
Hold up. You have an account? With money in your account? Wow, I sure didn't at 15. But, do like my 15 year old does...and bother the hell out of your parents.

MS

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 4:55 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So you should start to begin with DJ Mix Station 3, it's less expensive and better for little wallet.

PS: i have had an account since 13 with only personal money (birthday, christmas,all my pocket money,...) and little by little with years and interests, it has grown up (i didn't spend my money in stupidities: smoke,..)

When you are young the only way to earn money easily is with bank interests ;-) Don't take an account with credit card as you have to pay it so you loose and wait for a big sum before starting to spend your money

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 5:21 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Tell your parents that you either have to have VDJ or smoke crack to be popular at school.

They'll come around. ;)

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 8:00 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Consider it a career decision.

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 8:15 pm
Ok so I had to read this post and reply.

First of all what does a 15 year old have need for a DJ software? Unless it is for personal enjoyment. You certainly are not Dj'ing any shows or private parties.

2nd of all what career choice at 15? I wanna be a DJ? ok since I DJ it is not a bad gig nor a bad profession but how much college do you need for this career? and there are some big name DJ's around but certainly not at 15 and they did probably start with some home system but probably just enjoyed doing it and not specifically said for the rest of my life I am going to be a DJ. You have the rest of your life ahead of you so if you can get your parents involved with your choices then you can have fun and grow as a family and POSSIBLY end up as a very good DJ.

I had to laugh at the comment about crack vs VDJ. That would have worked with me if it was approached as an alternative rather than a threat of either or. But I thought the idea was entertaining so I had to mention it. We know for sure VDJ is such a better choice don't we?

Now since I have 7 children that range from the ages of 39 to 19 I can tell you from experience that if you offer to pay for half and work the rest off with your parents you could buy the software now and have the best of both worlds. 1. have the software 2. still have money in the bank. You probably need their credit card to buy it online anyway.

Now for doubting as to the ability of the software to do what is say's it will do. Since I am on the older end of the age scale and you are at the younger end of the age scale we have similar yet different problems. 1. We both have to watch what we spend and buy the best we can the first time. 2. We doubt everything (for me I have been jaded by life and ripped off enough and you because you don't want to nor can afford to get ripped off). Check out my post's under Overkill? and you will see that I ask a lot of questions but then eventually just bought the software on a prayer that it would work for my DJ work. Bottom line dude is that it is a great software and it does what it say's it will do BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is the support that this community(forum) provides to the users. Take an old DJ's advice that this is the best software and support that I have had in years. In fact the "community" of people here helped me make the decision to buy the software since they were such a big help before and AFTER the purchase of the software. By the way I only bought this software a week or so ago!

My advice is take the plunge and enjoy the water! But most important is feel good about your purchase of VDJ because it will not let you down.

Oldie but Goodie

Jerry

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 12:36 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
A 15 year old dj in training is one kick ass solid dj when he is 20.

I never discourage anybody from pursuing an interest particularly in music, champions start young.

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 1:19 am
Wasn't intending to discourage but merely clarifying that a 15 year old has a lot more of lifes experiences to determine what he will be when he gets older. A hobby of DJ'ing is great fun and if it turns into a career then tremendous for him.

Oldie but Goodie

Jerry

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 2:27 am
Don't forget to mention that its an expensive career lol.

Well it gets expensive once you calculate equipment costs, music, promotions, etc

Its a lot of work but always great fun!

Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 2:29 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I started at 15...

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 3:31 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i started at 13 on pioneer cd-players (of my friend). I am 18 and i mix 5 years now.
i started mix at clubs 2 years ago

Dj Nikki

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 11:50 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
At my 13 ...cd players was JUST discovered... I'm 38 !

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 12:13 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
dj cd-players came out lately. 25 years ago nobody know what is digital music =)
did you start with vinyls? or standard cassetes?
my father was in djing too. he is 43 now. he mixed with cassete players. ok not for real, but we had club in our village =) and between groups there always must be music!

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 1:00 pm
I started at 13 with three busted up radios cassette players. Two of them were my turntables and the third was for recording. At age 16 I began mixing with a friend on a pair of Technics 1200s and a Gemini mixer. I still have a cassette with one of my original mixes. I was called DJ Jeff "The" Rector. LOL Don't ask me what the HELL a The Rector is. Geeez. I didn't become MaddSound until I was 16.

MS

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 2:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)