Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: no sound from my hercules rmx.........please help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi guys........ i am using a hercules rmx for over a year now........but from 2 weeks ago i cannot get any sound from it..........sometimes it plays for a few mintues then it goes slient.........i was using vdj 5.2 pro then when the problem started i upgraded to version 6 pro.........i tried re-installing my drivers and even downloaded the latest drivers from www.ts.hercules.com and installed them and it updated the firmware............can anyone please assist me because i have a couple bookings for the christmas.............

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 10:52 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Well, first let's try to see where the problem might be.

1- Set the Rmx as the default soundcard for your computer, and play MP3 file with iTunes or WMP for a while

- Do you get any sound out of the Rmx? If you do, do you loose it if you let it play for a while ?

- If you cannot get any sound out of the Rmx, can you verify that it is installed correctly as described in the following document:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00350.pdf

2- If you don't seem to notice any problem with playing audio files outside of Virtual DJ, then maybe the problem is within the software configuration.

Go to the Sound Setup, and configure as follow:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone

-Soundcard: DJ Console Rmx

Can you get the Rmx to play any audio ?

BTW, you should register your PRO version serial number so you can obtain the latest version.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 12:44 pm
i did as you said.......tried playing some music from windows media player and it did the same thing........it played for about 1-2 minutes then it went slient..........i also checked out the file @ www.ts.hercules.com......and everything is installed properly.........is there anymore suggestions?.................it's the first i am having this problem with it.......i am wondering if something inside of it is going bad or has went bad.......if so how can i fix it?

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 5:02 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
best bet is to get onto tech support at hercules, could be a trip to the docs for the unit.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 8:53 pm
yep.....i think so too...................anybody have the number for tech support in the usa?

Posted Tue 22 Dec 09 @ 9:16 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact

You may also want to try it on another computer ( if that is possible) to see if you have the same behaviour.

Also, make sure that your USB port power management is turned OFF. This can cause device to stop working during usage:

In the Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > USB Root Hub > Power Management,

Uncheck the box 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

Proceed for all all root hubs.

Posted Wed 23 Dec 09 @ 6:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)