Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: V2.1 always Freez for a short time

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After installing the new version of VDJ (2.1) I have following problem.

After starting VDJ it Freezes periodically for a short time (about half a second). This happens all 5 seconds. Disabling the video function will not change the problem.

Hardware:
1200 MHz
512MB Ram

Can someone help me?

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 11:53 am
There are a cpl of features that you can turn off for smoother use, at "slower" pc

1. Turn OFF "read idtag"
2. Try changing "reactivitiy" to normal (its put on high as default now.. Normal is what VDJ was before 2.1, and might be better for you)

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 12:18 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I really think your processor is too slow to have reactivity=fast

In fact, you can change the value of "reactivity" in the windows registry. Previous version of VDJ had a value of 30

fast=10, medium=40, slow=100

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 12:27 pm
You can change in Virtual DJ settings also

Go to the "general" tab in virtual dj settings, locate "reactivity" and change to normal

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 1:51 pm
Changing the reactivity options takes no effect. It always freezes.
Changing other option which could take performance to disabled also takes no effect.
Task Manager switches in that moment up to 80% cpu usage, but it shows no program, which takes that cpu usage, because the display freezes, too.

I´ve looked into my system. I don´t have a 1200MHz cpu, I still have a 2GHz cpu.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 9:00 am
what about the time vdj is not running ?
did you try microsoft antispyware and spybot search&destroy
if not download and UPDATE it (www.microsoft.com and www.spybot.info)
I think in spybot you can see all processes

What operating system you have ?

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 11:23 am
I have checked it with spybot. No spyware on my system. When VDJ is down, the cpu usage is between 1% and 2%

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 4:13 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well it's definately not the configuration. On my home PC with 1 Ghz & 384 Mb RAM the sound is smooth as silk (and minimum config is even lower than that..). I'm sorry, but I have no solution for your problem :/

Did 2.06 run ok?

erXon

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 6:54 pm
Yes 2.06 run without problems. I have installed 2.06 again and it works without any problems. Then back to 2.1 and it freezes.

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 8:03 am
I have Pentium III 550~616MHz, 384MB RAM and "reactivity=fast" working pretty good. ;) I think it's under bellow if we talking about minimum configuration and still works fine (without video mixing of course). ;D

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 11:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)