Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Connecting 2nd Laptop To Hercules DJ Console Rmx? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DragonoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Rookie In Da House!! Just received my Hercules DJ Console Rmx and I want to connect my backup laptop to it. I have no clue how to do this!! The inputs on the console are RCA connectors but my laptop doesn't have RCA output connectors. Will an adapter (if there is one) from USB to RCA work? Thanks!!

Posted Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 12:35 pm
Dragono wrote :

Rookie In Da House!! Just received my Hercules DJ Console Rmx and I want to connect my backup laptop to it. I have no clue how to do this!! The inputs on the console are RCA connectors but my laptop doesn\\\'t have RCA output connectors. Will an adapter (if there is one) from USB to RCA work? Thanks!!

what output are you needing on your lappy? are you needing the sound now to come out of your comp?

if i understand you correctly, you should have the power on rear of rmx to usb on the lappy
then you can have an from your earphone slot to the 1/2 or 3/4 out of your rmx to ur pa or yoru surround system or whatever you will be using to get your sound...

Posted Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 1:21 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Why exactly do you want to connect your backup laptop to the Rmx ?

If you want to use your other laptop as an audio source (i.e. to play audio files), you will need a male minijack to RCA female to connect the soundcard output to the Rmx Input.

USB to RCA doesn't exist since they are used for the same purpose:

- RCA (and minijack and the like) are use to transfer audio signal

- USB are used to transfer data steams (which you don't really wan to listen to...)

Posted Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 1:21 pm
Forget it people. I have no idea or clue what the F#%k I'm doing. I'm getting very discourage wanting to be a mobile dj. What I have is a controller and therefore I can't connect another PC to it. I screwed up and thought I had ordered a controller/mixer combo (if such a combo exist). I now realize that I need to get a mixer to connect to my controller. Before that, I ordered the Maya44 USB sound card, then turn around and order this controller that comes with a sound card. I'm just screwing up everything. My lack of knowledge is costing my money I could use elsewhere. Thanks anyway for trying to help me out.

Posted Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 3:01 pm
Dragono wrote :
Forget it people. I have no idea or clue what the F#%k I'm doing. I'm getting very discourage wanting to be a mobile dj. What I have is a controller and therefore I can't connect another PC to it. I screwed up and thought I had ordered a controller/mixer combo (if such a combo exist). I now realize that I need to get a mixer to connect to my controller. Before that, I ordered the Maya44 USB sound card, then turn around and order this controller that comes with a sound card. I'm just screwing up everything. My lack of knowledge is costing my money I could use elsewhere. Thanks anyway for trying to help me out.

fyi the rmx is a mixer and controller in one..not sure what your saying yor trying to do..if you have a maya and a rmx you have more than enuiff...can you give more specifics on what your goal is..as from your 2 prev post you want to hook yor lap up to ur rmx..now you have brought a maya in to play:::

if you will be using the maya, you will need the mixer,

if using the rmx you do not NEED the mixer its included as well as the sound card and can be direct in the hook up to the lappy... as follows
usb power rear rmx ---> usb laptop= power to rmx and connection to contol vdj and rmx( install alll drivers before attempting to do such)

are you wanting to use 2 computers one rmx?

Posted Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 3:56 pm
Dont get discouraged, but yes you can use the RMX with other inputs, BUT the issue here is the fact that if your main computer dies or powers down the RMX wont be able to be used. If you want to use a backup laptop you can always use RCA Y splitters and put the backup directly to the master out. This way if your main system crashes you still have Sound.

Posted Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 4:10 am
Hey guys, thanks to Mistah P, DJ Phatso & Disco Brian for your suggestions. Let me try to explain what I wanted to accomplish. First, right now I have one laptop and the Maya44 sound card connected to my amp, and off course my speakers to the amp. I've been using this setup to practice mixing using the mouse touchpad. Then I wanted to connected my 2nd laptop to the Hercules DJ Console Rmx and connect the Rmx to my amp. I thought this way I can have two audio sources; if one went bad, I would still have the other. My amp is two channels, so I already have the Maya44 1 & 2 output connected to the amp's 1 & 2 input channels. When I attempted to connect the Rmx 3 & 4 output to my amp, I had no place to plug it into. The Maya44 was already plugged into the only input jacks (channels 1 & 2) of my amp. That was my first problem. Out of curiosity, I unplugged the Maya44 from the amp and plugged the Rmx to the amp's input channels. Sound came out of my speakers but it was very low output. That was my second problem. Even if I connected the Rmx to my amp, I wasn't getting enough sound output, no matter how high I cranked up the volume. So, I contacted Tech Support and they told me that the Rmx is not a mixer, it is just a controller to control the software. So, I hope this clears up some of your confusion. I just want to have two audio sources when I perform at my first gig, which is in two days. But I think I will have to just rely on the one laptop (with the mouse touchpad) and pray that I don't have any problems with it. I'm sorry, but I'm a novice when it comes to electronic connections.

Posted Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 12:26 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Try connecting the Rmx to your amp using the +4dBu connectors instead of the RCA. You'll notice that the signal will be stronger since the output level is different.

Posted Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 12:48 pm
dragano, what kinda amp are you using, as you may still have an option to run from your 1/4 inch of the rmx to the amp and still the 1-2 of the maya but it will depend on the remaining options on the amp...

Posted Sat 19 Dec 09 @ 5:29 am
Mistah P, my amp is QSC GX5 500 Watts per channel at 8 ohms. I tried to upload a pic of the rear panel; hopefully it worked.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 5:30 pm
FotobroPRO InfinityMember since 2018
DJ Phatso wrote :
Try connecting the Rmx to your amp using the +4dBu connectors instead of the RCA. You'll notice that the signal will be stronger since the output level is different.

DJ phatso, what are these connectors you speak of +4db instead of RCA?

g

Posted Tue 22 Dec 09 @ 12:39 am
The RMX has two 1/4 \'\' \"guitar cord\" plugs in edition to the two RCA outputs. Buy a decent stereo set with all metal ends like the example shown made by Hosa. Two guitar cables will work, but avoid those cause you\'ll spend more money than needed. Also, don\'t buy loudspeaker cable for this application which don\'t have electrical shielding to prevent \'hums\' or \'buzzes\'

Posted Tue 22 Dec 09 @ 1:54 am
Dragono wrote :
Mistah P, my amp is QSC GX5 500 Watts per channel at 8 ohms. I tried to upload a pic of the rear panel; hopefully it worked.

dragano, is this for home or for pro use, the reason i ask, cuz what im about to give you may be against the better judgment of some of the other viewers, so \\\\\\\"kids dont try this at home\\\\\\\" there i said it... however you can do this run it just as such

from the maya to the amp
monster cable shielded
these are mono 1/4 in to female rca/phono

this same process could work on input 2 with your rmx, but with the rmx you could either run strait from the rca to the amp via the 1/4 splitter on the amp.

AGAIN I SAY>>this is not for the professionial standard. this is just for a "get by" method for DRAGANO.

Posted Tue 22 Dec 09 @ 8:01 am
Dragono wrote :

Hey, no worry, most anything can be returned within thirty days. :)

Posted Wed 23 Dec 09 @ 12:43 am
I had my first gig this past weekend and I used the Hercules Rmx. Man, what a nightmare!!! The damn thing was causing the tunes to drag and stutter, skip, you name it. Fortunately, this happened during the cocktail time of the Christmas party while everyone was drinking and talking while the music played softly in the background. During some gifts presentation, I switched to the Maya44 and the rest of the night was great!! When it came to the dancing and party jamz, I killed it; (as I was told by a few of the party goers). I contacted Musician's Friend by email the next day and told them I was returning the Hercules Rmx; I packed it today for return tomorrow. I asked for an even exchange and or a complete refund. They suggested the Numark OMNI CONTROL DJ Control Surface. I know, I know, its cheap; but for me just starting out and trying to learn the profession, its perfect until I learn a lot more. But hey, thanks to all who responded and tried to encourage me and help me out. I'll call this one of the many "learning experiences" I'll go through as I try to develop my DJing skills and knowledge.

Posted Wed 23 Dec 09 @ 1:59 am
lesson learned here:
Don't gig out on gear or software you are not completely comfortable with. Always set up your rig at home or studio the way you would at a high paying party and practice with it for a couple of hours; hook up and treat your PC the same as in a GIG with all drives and all USB connections the way you would while performing to "Stress test" the USB power circuit and check latency!!!

Posted Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 1:45 am
Dragono wrote :
I had my first gig this past weekend and I used the Hercules Rmx. Man, what a nightmare!!! The damn thing was causing the tunes to drag and stutter, skip, you name it. Fortunately, this happened during the cocktail time of the Christmas party while everyone was drinking and talking while the music played softly in the background. During some gifts presentation, I switched to the Maya44 and the rest of the night was great!! When it came to the dancing and party jamz, I killed it; (as I was told by a few of the party goers). I contacted Musician's Friend by email the next day and told them I was returning the Hercules Rmx; I packed it today for return tomorrow. I asked for an even exchange and or a complete refund. They suggested the Numark OMNI CONTROL DJ Control Surface. I know, I know, its cheap; but for me just starting out and trying to learn the profession, its perfect until I learn a lot more. But hey, thanks to all who responded and tried to encourage me and help me out. I'll call this one of the many "learning experiences" I'll go through as I try to develop my DJing skills and knowledge.

When you say you switched to the Maya, what did you use to control VDJ? Did you use the RMX or go back to keyboard and mouse? I'm curious as I have an RMX and have never seen this. Mine works flawlessly...

Roy

Posted Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 2:55 pm
heyy i have a little problem!!! im wondering if theirs anybody that could help me with connecting my mixtrack pro to my laptop, i do connect the controller to my laptop, and from there i dont know what to do?? helpp plzz and thanx

Posted Fri 24 Dec 10 @ 11:44 pm
If your MixTrack came with VirtualDJ LE, please register your serial number http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html then download and install the latest VirtualDJ LE from the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

The serial number can be found on the sleeve of the installation CD.

If it did not come with VirtualDJ LE, then you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

You can try it for 10 minutes at a time in VirtualDJ Home FREE: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

Posted Sat 25 Dec 10 @ 2:09 pm
GodrikHome userMember since 2016
I have a Hercules rmx that I love. I'm trying to hook a 2nd laptop to it, just because the gig I'm doing, they want karaoke, and I dont normally do that so I just want to use the 2nd laptop to run youtube. Any clue hos to do that.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 7:33 pm
95%