Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: @SBDJ or anyone who knows how to map the sliders from a plugin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Scot I am lookin for a way to map one of the sliders in your showlogo plugin, do you have any idea what i need to do to make this work. I am trying to control the Transparency of your plugin. The only thing that works for me is when i map video_fx_slider, it controls the first slider in your plugin. Where do you add the # to operate other sliders?? Sorry if I seem dumb but if i can figure this out I would be happy.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 10:37 pm
EDIT sorry this plugin was created by DJCel:) sorry for the misinformation.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 3:01 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I thought it was just video_fx_slider n where n is the number of the slider you wish to move?

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 4:56 am
will test

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 5:14 am
Ok Sweet that worked, so if there were 2 plugins activated at the same time, could i control both at the same time??? U are the man.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 5:18 am
Let me rephrase that, can u control 2 seperate video plugins even with 2 seperate knobs? Do u use the name of the plugin?

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 5:30 am
I'm not in a position to test, but this might work:

video_fx_select "showlogo" & video_fx_slider 1

Theoretically it will then select the relevant effect (but not activate) and control it's slider.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 9:20 am
that would be cool if it works - let us know your results bryan.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 10:30 am
Ok will test when i get to work, thanks Scott.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 2:51 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I'm not in a position to test, but this might work:

video_fx_select "showlogo" & video_fx_slider 1

Theoretically it will then select the relevant effect (but not activate) and control it's slider.

That works! But with the other plugin its weird. There are 5 tabs in the plugin with sliders in each. I cant get that one to work, it brings vdj's attention to the plugin, but doesnt control anything, here is what i have typed: video_fx_select "firetextplugin" & video_fx_slider 6. Doenst control anything lol.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 5:00 pm
I've not seen the firetext plugin, but if it has tabs, then it's implementing it's own window and can't be controlled by VDJScript with the present SDK.

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 5:51 pm
If the plugin uses a custom interface and has not been programmed to respond the 'effect slider N' and/or 'effect button N', then unfortunately it cannot be keyboard or MIDI mapped. Examples are Beatgrid and TK Filter.

Perhaps the developers of this plugin can adapt it to support effect button (E.g: To choose tabs) and effect slider (To set sliders on page.)

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 6:11 pm
Thanks got the same answer from Chris, I will pass it on to the developer:)

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 6:19 pm
jpboggis wrote :
Perhaps the developers of this plugin can adapt it to support effect button (E.g: To choose tabs) and effect slider (To set sliders on page.)

I wasn't aware you could do that - if I can sort that then it's just improved one of my new plugins :)

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 8:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)