Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: cracks/pops when loading track on any deck

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djrelikPRO InfinityMember since 2008
ok so im having this problem where if im playing a song on deck A and load on on deck B (or vise versa) you hear like a skip/pop/crack not sure what to call it, but its annoying. It doesn't happen EVERY single time, but maybe 2 or 3 times during a 1 hour mix. I have the latest version of VDJ 6.04 and Im using timecode CD's

Laptop specs:
Sony Vaio dual core 2.40 ghz
Windows Vista 32 bit
3 Gig ram

and my performance tab:
presets: fastest
latency: auto
overclock: check
optimize for: latency
basic interpolation
master tempo: fast

I've read a few issues on this, but can't quite figure it out...any help would be appreciated

Posted Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 9:13 pm
Did you find any help, so far?

I first recognized this when I used the mapper to load tracks by keyboard in v5 (deck 1 browser_enter / deck 2 browser_enter), but I think it's just a coincidence that it seems to be better with drag-and-drop. Upgrading to 6.0.3 didn't change a thing about this - still it seems to occur about every 3rd track.

I tried enhancing the latency with help from DPC Latency Checker and raising the latency in the settings, I tried taking strain from CPU (Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz) and memory (4GB) with Game Booster – no big effect (also it'd be really annoying to use TCVs with more than 11ms for scratching).

Obviously the cracks/pops come at the same time the waveform pops in, but neither changing max load, nor switching off auto gain or w/e stops the machine from making that sound.

My OS is Vista Home Premium 32 Bit, a fresh Win 7 also had the problem (even my XP on a Virtual machine, but I don't count that).

The following pictures show the german version, but I think you can get it from the positions.

Posted Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 3:48 pm
So, I have some news about my problem.
Seems that, in my case, Vista sucked up the bit of resources that prevented VDJ from popping.
I installed XP Pro on another partition of my harddrive.
Since I have all my media on another seperate partition I hide the Windows versions from each other with a bootloader named boot-us, which is free for that function for private use.
Also I moved the application data to my media partition - after some minor registry work (replace the default application data path with the one I moved it to) playlists and some more stuff are saved for both OSs.

Posted Wed 17 Feb 10 @ 1:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)