Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Is this possible?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am wondering if it is possible to produce a skin with just the deck area (as belwo) so that each deck fills the whole screen with a very small browser area somewhere. what i want to do is have two touch screen monitors acting as turntables with a physical mixer inbetween. i have downloaded the skin developer tool but I think it is beyond my capabilities.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 4:08 pm
Its possible though just check the skin i made. it has large buttons and large round rotation area so yes its possible to do that :D

DJ ALEX

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 6:03 pm
Really nice skin!, however for the purpose of my project i am looking for more of just a turntable that fills a whole 17" or 19" screen, in the meantime, ill download yours and have a go with it :-)

Realisticly, is it possible for someone like me who has no prior knowlege of skinning to learn how to use the skin tool and produce a skin? i took one look at it and the tutorial video after i downloaded it and i am baffeled so far?

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 12:56 am
I actually never tried the skin tool but some people use it to create skins now:D
You can try editing the image u have there and make it bigger, the software i use for the graphics part is photohsop.
Its very practical.
Give it a try

DJ ALEX

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 1:26 am
If you don't use the skins tool, how do you make them? I have tried using the tool but to be honest it confuses the he'll out of me :-)

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 6:38 am
I have managed to learn the code, well most of it.
In order to make a skin you need to draw a picture with all the elements (buttons, sliders, etc)
I recomend you to open a skin zip file and see whats inside:D

DJ ALEX

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 8:27 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
i have made 2 touchscreen skins, 1 for 2 screens and 1 for 3 screens, search the skins with the word touchscreen, you should find them. The problem is that, the way you imagine the skin (two large vinyls), i assume you want to scratch with touchscreens? That's impossible due to latency you will get.
Touchscreens are great, but not for scratch.

The second problem i see, is the browser. You know it's rather difficult to work with browser on 2 screens, so you have to put it on 1, meaning either the browser is too small, or one of you "decks" will be much smaller than the other.

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 5:00 pm
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post!

I have actually downloaded and tried your touchscreen skin already, it is very good!!

Basically what i am trying to do is more of a novelty project than for functional purposes, at the moment I use VDJ Pro with two turntables and timecoded vinyl. I have 2 touchscreens which i used on another project which is no more so they are spare, what i want to try, is to have each screen act as a turntable which will play the timecode into another instance of VDJ via a soundcard as if they were real turntables with timecoded vinyl. I hope to do this by using 3 sound cards and 3 instances of VDJ open at the same time, 2 acting as the turntables and one acting as the actual VDJ programme i wont need a very large (if any) browser as all the turntables will be required to play is the timecode. This is where i get stuck as i am battling to work out how to produce the skin, I have someone who is going to increase the size of the turtable part of the VDJ bitmap so that it fills a whole screen and then i was thinking maybe i could copy and paste the xml code from the original to get it to perform as required (not sure if this will work or not) this is where my complete no knowlege of XML comes into play!! :-)

Posted Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 1:42 pm
Another problem that you may have, is this..
Large spinning vinyls (images) will increase hugely the cpu usage. If you create for example a large rotated vinyl like 800X800 pixels then you will get a very unpleasent cpu usage.

So if you decide to do this, try to rotate just the VirtuaDJ logo, not the whole vinyl. It might be less realistic, but certainly it will run better.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 5:18 pm
Cool, thanks for the advice!!

Posted Sat 05 Dec 09 @ 6:41 am
Hi all, I have now produced the graphic for this in Photoshop and have been trying for the last month with no success, to code it, I have come to a realisation that coding skins is not my forte! So I was wondering if anyone who knows how to skin would code it for me for a fee? It is probably a half hour job for someone who knows what they are doing as it is a very basic skin consisting only of a turntable, play button, pause button, sync button, close and config buttons and a pitch control. Please let me know if you would be interested in doing this for me and how much you would charge. Many thanks!!

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:22 am
can you post here the bmp file? (converted to jpg or something else less heavy)

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 4:25 pm
Hi There,

Thanks so much for replying to my tread again, it wont let me upload it for some reason, i thought maybe it was because it was too large so tried reducing the size but it still wont upload??

Posted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 12:54 pm
Hi Again,

here is the link to rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.com/files/335284498/Shaun_Touch_Screen_1.jpg.html

I have included everything that i think is needed in the BMP, but as i dont know how the coding works, i may have left somethings out or added things that arn't needed. As you can see it is just a copy of the turntable area in the defult VDJ skin but with a few things removed and made alot bigger so as to fill a whole screen. :-)

Posted Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 12:22 pm
So no offers yet? Come on folks, someone must want to code this for me and earn a bit of cash, it would probably be the easiest thing to do for someone who knows what they are doing :-)

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 5:24 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi shaun...

I downloaded your picture and I see that there is just one deck. do you have two pc's running for two touchscreens?
There is no need to do that. your skin is 1696 width. you can make it 3392 width and run one instance on a pc with two touchscreens.

I help you, but I need to know what you want exactly.

Best regards,
John

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 5:55 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
e-Mail is on it's way

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 2:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)