Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: VDJ 5 Plugins work with VDJ 6?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am thinking about getting back into DJing and upgrading from VDJ 5 to VDJ 6. I am currently using the trial of VDJ 6 and none of the plugins I had for VDJ 5 are working. Are they compatible? If so how do you install them to work?

I have moved them all into the plugins folder for VDJ 6 and they appear in the VDJ 6 effects window but I can not select them. Any advice?

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 12:03 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
VDJ5 plugins are compatible with VDJ6 plugins, with the exception of control devices. I don't know what you had to move, since the plugins folder in v5 and v6 are the same - unless you are using one of the modified dodgy crack versions that changes all the default paths - in which case you are on your own I'm afraid.

What plugins are you talking about and where did you get them from? Only registered users can download plugins from the legitimate VDJ source here.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 12:05 pm
I got all the plugins from a friend of mine who djs as well. They worked fine with VDJ 5 and idk what a cracked VDJ 6 is... But I am a Windows Vista user if that changes anything

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 3:27 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
...and where did your friend get them from? ;)

Since you've illegally obtained plugins that are written by community members for other paid users, I'll be stepping out of helping you I'm afraid.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 5:02 pm
Please support the software and its development by purchasing your own legitimate license: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Illegal versions of the software may contain bugs and may not work correctly or reliably. Plugins obtained from an illegal source may also not work correctly, as you have already discovered.

If you purchase Pro, you will be able to download the latest v6.0.4 version as well as legitimate latest versions of all the plugins.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 6:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)