Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound card Issues: Headphone output through the master

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tvtv0Home userMember since 2009
Alright,

I've been messing around with virtual DJ trying to get timecodes setup... I only have one timecode, so I only need one input on my soundcard.

If I disable this input through ASIO's configuration panel, all's good: my master output (configured as channel 1&2) is on front left/right and my headphones (configured as channel 3&4) come out on center/sub.

Here's where the problem begins: If I enable the input, without changing any of the channel configurations, the timecode works, but the rest of the setup doesn't. The headphone output shifts to rear left/right but it also gets summed with the master output and comes out at the front left/right output. Basically, I can hear what is coming out of the headphones on top of the master on my speakers.

When I switch the output setting, so that headphones come out on channel 1&2 and main comes out on channel 3&4, the same summing concept seems to happen. Master is combined with the headphone output on the front left/right and the master alone comes out on rear left/right.

My input is set as 'single timcode' output as 'headphones' and driver as 'ASIO driver'

I'm running VDJ 5.2 Pro
ASIO4ALL v2
As you've probably guessed, I'm using a 5.1 sound card
The time code is on the line-in input,
The outputs can be anywhere for all I care,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Sat 21 Nov 09 @ 8:43 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
If your using your PCs integral soundcard it is not really set up to run ASIO for time codes. You realy need a 4 in 4 out ASIO type sound card like the Maya

Posted Sat 21 Nov 09 @ 9:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)