Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: rmx crossfader problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

To whom it may concern,
i just bought the rmx, but i found that the crrosfader is inverted. everything else works fine. when i but it on A (i hear B) when on B (i hear A)

can please somebody help.
i use virtual dj 6 and use it's own mapping.

thanks
Jason Monreal

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 7:55 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Can you test the crossfader using the following procedure:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00353.pdf

As mention, the values should be 0 ( when on Deck A/Full Left) and 127 (when on Deck B /Full Right)

If the values are in reversed, then there is indeed a problem

Posted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 12:18 pm
if the crossfader is 0% left 100% right is that bad? i got the mappings from virtual dj 6 they where already there.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 7:07 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Beside VDJ, what about in the MIDI test procedure ? Do you get the same results?

Posted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 6:29 am
rdhrknsPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have the same using my DJ Console Steel under 6.0.x.

I will test later using the MIDI monitor as I'm not currently behind my setup.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 1:12 am
Fader left, Deck 1 -> MIDI = 0
Fader right, Deck 2 -> MIDI = 127

However you will hear the song from deck 2 when fader is to the left and vice versa.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 6:01 pm
rdhrkns wrote :
Fader left, Deck 1 -> MIDI = 0
Fader right, Deck 2 -> MIDI = 127

However you will hear the song from deck 2 when fader is to the left and vice versa.

Can you post your interface settings please. Inputs/Outputs/Soundcard.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 5:20 am
On my development system | Dell Precision 650 workstation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones (master 1st card / headphone 2nd)
Soundcard: Soundmax Digital audio / onboard audio card

On my gig laptop | Sony Vaio
------------------------------------------
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster / onboard audio card (Sony Vaio)

Both setups show the inverted A : B / B : A crossfader problem.

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 11:35 am
rdhrkns wrote :
On my development system | Dell Precision 650 workstation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soundcard: Soundmax Digital audio / onboard audio card

On my gig laptop | Sony Vaio
------------------------------------------
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster / onboard audio card (Sony Vaio)

Both setups show the inverted A : B / B : A crossfader problem.

Ok, so you have a two sound card set up. I assume you have the outputs of both cards in to your sound system?

If you only have the Craetive connected, then you will hear nothing out of the onboard audio card?

Just out of interest, why do you not have the RMX selected as your sound card and have outputs 1&2 connected to your sound system?

And again, out of interest, what is your sound system? Mixer/Amp? Home Stereo? Active Speakers?

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 11:49 am
rdhrkns wrote :
I have the same using my DJ Console Steel under 6.0.x....

Normally I use my Reloop IE2, no issues running 6.x. The (old) DJ control Steel is sort of a backup. Just recently I've lend it to a friend to play around with it, and I noticed the odd behaviour. In the bundled 5.x version I received when buying the controller never had the issue. I scanned the forums for similar issues and thought I posted the issue under this thread as well, as it concerned a Hercules product as well.

Back to the issue;
Yes both are connected to a home stereo using the Dell. On the Vaio the Creative plugs into the amp on location. The headphones go either via the amp or I plug into the laptop directly.

Out of my interest, how does the soundcard setup cause the channel mixup on the crossfader ?

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 3:43 pm
When scouting some of the new skins I apparently set the X-fader curve response to some other then the 'normal' behavior. Loading a skin with a visual indication again. My eye caught this setting so I changed it back and voila ! All is normal again.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 12:54 am
I've recently got the Numark Omni controller and using it with virtual dj 6 software bu I seem to be encountering the same problem as rdhrkns.
I can hear music from deck A even when the crossfader is positioned completely on deck B side and vice versa.
It seems like there is only one channel through which the music is being output through as I cannot cue a seperate song in my headphones.
I suspected the crossfader mapping was the issue but cannot seem to resolve the problem and unfortunately could not understand or relate to rdhrkns's last post- don't know if you or anybody else could help?

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 7:30 am

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 8:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)