Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: UNINSTALL Hercules DRIVERS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cipo86Home userMember since 2007
Hi All,
I've decided to pick up again my old mk2 console (plastic, is it mk1??), ran the installation of the drivers from the CD (old v.C030) but when it said to "plug in your Dj console" nothing really happened and the LED in the console remain lit (dont turn off as they r supposed to). I forced my laptop to turn off and now when i try to uninstall the hercules drivers/software i get the following error:

>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (462)
PAPP: Hercules Dj Console Driver
PVENDOR:Hercules (http://www.hercules.com)
PGUID:7A649F27-1A7B-42B1-8668-3BC2DD590919
$9.1.0.429
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) BT_OTHER 4.0

I Want to try a manual firmware upgrade on the console but i cant manage to install the new drivers (Nov 2009) from the site either, i get the same error.

Anyone knows how to fix this problem, Is there a way to manually uninstall all hercules components?

Thanks
Dv

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 7:14 am
try download new firmware drivers from hercules WITHOUT mixer connected and then download will prompt you when to CONNECT remember use same usb port all the time so choose at the start

Posted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 4:27 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Why oh! why did you go and install old drivers, which didn't support Windows XP (the reason why you are getting this message), when it's so easy to go to the website and download the latest one...

If you want to remove what is currently present, I believe you should found a folder called HERCULES in C:\Program Files, which you can delete.

While you are in C:\Program Files, find the folder called 'Installshield Installation information" (it's possible that it might be invisible so change your folder visibility properties to allow to view all files).

- In this folder, you'll find many subfolder archives related to software installed on your computer.One of them could be related to the DJ Console.

- For each folder, you'll find a file called <SETUP.INI>. Opening this file to find the name of the program its related to (ex; APPname= xxx).

- Find all instances related to the DJ Console (if any) and remove them from the computer (make sure they are not present in the recycle bin)

Also make a search on the computer for files that start with "HDJ" and delete them as well.

This should allow you install the drivers afterward.

Now, why exactly do you feel like you want to do a manual firmware update ?

BTW, you are probably the owner of the original DJ Console (also known sometime as MK1) if the console is black with a green logo on top.

Posted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 10:08 am

Posted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 1:50 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
As I said, if your have the original DJ console, the Firmware procedure of the MK2 will no work.

Posted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 2:13 pm
So, does anyone know how to update the firmware on the original Dj console then?! ill give the support a call this week and see what they say thanks anyways!

Dv

Posted Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 4:36 pm
Hello cipo86,

There is no way to update the firmware of the original DJ Console, its firmware is not updatable by the USB bus.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 4:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)