Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Database Not Saving?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I need some help.

I have virtual DJ running great on a windows machine. Using the same external hard drive on a mac I am having problems.

I just got a Mac Book. When I add a folder on an external hard drive to the database it seems to scan through the folders but when I go to search many of the songs are not there and none of my karaoke show up.

When I go into the browser area in config where it says database I only have an option for a C: database. That C: Database says it only has about 1500 songs.

Any ideas? I've tried clean and fix and added the drive to the search DB several times with no results?

Does an external have to be formatted differently for a mac? I don't know much about Macs really.

It's a Mac Book running OSX 10.5.8 it has 1 GB of Ram.

Posted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 4:59 pm
Things do work differently on Mac, and it may be a case of re-formatting the drive - but first:

When you plugin you HDD does it appear on your Mac desktop or in Finder??

Posted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 6:16 pm
Yes the computer sees the drive. I can click on the drive and click add to search DB and it scrolls through the drive as if it is adding songs but it just doesn;t scroll very long and the songs are not there when it is done.

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 8:15 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
install ntfs for mac it will solve the problem.

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 12:43 pm
Thaks Cyder I'll give that a shot.

Posted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 12:14 pm
Hello brandon lindsey,

You must install a software able to playback your karaoke files on your Mac before expecting that VirtualDJ plays back these karaoke files.

VirtualDJ cannot install the software codecs for all file formats it can read, otherwise VirtualDJ should pay a license for all existing codecs, so
- you must first install a player which installs in Mac OS the codec for the karaoke file format,
- and afterwards you can install VirtualDJ so that VirtualDJ adds this codec among its playback codecs and adds the extension of these karaoke files among the files it can read.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 11:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)