Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video / Sound Sync and WMV playback problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have just purchased the VirtualDJ 6.0.3 and I have video / sound sync problems. VOB's I have just ripped using the installed ripper are not recognised by Windows Media Player 11 but work fine in Windows Media Player Classic. No delays detectable. However Video / Sound is way out of sync on some tracks using VDJ 6. I also cannot get drm protected WMV files to play in VDJ 6. Any ideas out there. I tried various codecs without success.

Posted Sat 14 Nov 09 @ 1:09 am
I have been digging a little further into sound sync problems and it seems that the ripper is the problem. I have found that the ripper is messing up the MediaInfo block. It occasionally reports tracks as milli seconds long which other programs read as track lengths of longer than they can support in the instance of Windows Movie Maker. It is also incorrectly assigning video / sound delays. Using Windows Media Player Classic and reading the properties you can see the errors that the ripper is producing. VDJ6 must be picking up the Video / Audio delay and using it. Media Player Classic seems to play all my rips ok so I guess it does not use the delay setting or the video segment length.

In this clip the Ripper reports correct lengths however when it plays in Windows Media Player Classic the progress bar reaches the end in 11 seconds. however it does continue to play to the end. In Movie Maker it only alows the first 11 second of video to be imported and played.

VDJ6 plays the clip but with a sound sync problem.

Anyone else noticed problems like this

Posted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 12:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)