Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixers with ASIO support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Good Day Everyone,

I've been doing some research on Mixers with ASIO support and can't get concrete details on the web. I have a Stanton T.120c and was hoping to replace my mixer with a USB Mixer that is capable of using TIMECODE to control VDJ. I have a Hercules RMX as well which currently does the job but it just has to many buttons. I was hoping to get a simple mixer with ASIO support since I have a M-Audio Trigger Finger for Midi FX via VDJ. So below are the options i found. I was hoping to go on the entry level ones because I might end up not wanting my new mixer.

Help me find a mixer that will support TIMECODES (ASIO Compatible)

Numark X1 (Cheap 3 Band EQ, But I Dont Think It Has ASIO Support)
Numark DXM01USB (Cheap 3 Band EQ, But I Dont Think It Has ASIO Support)
Vestax VMC-002XL USB (This I Love but Can't find detals on the web)

A more expensive on i found was the

Mackie D.2 Pro (They say it supports ASIO but there were some issues because an article I found says 6 pin to 6 pin firewire and i know the laptop only has 4 pins *** i don't wanna bring a desktop with me on sets)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Posted Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 5:27 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The only mixer I know of that will support time codes is the one from Rane, that is tied to Serato. None of the other mixers you mentioned will support time code use, at least not very well. You might be better off just buying an ASIO soundcard, like Hercules' new one Trim, to accomplish what you trying to do.

Posted Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 5:30 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can get 6 pin to 4 pin firewire cables. My Ecler EVO5 has a 6 pin connector, and connects to my laptop just fine :)

Other mixers support Timecodes very well; mine is fantastic :)

Posted Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 7:18 pm
i have bought a numark stealth controller but i cant get it to work it wont light up nor work with the vdj. i don not have an external sound card or interface is it a must to have those in order for the controller to work????? must i get the djio for it to work ?????

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 12:27 am
@ lgoddard

yup your stealth will work to control the program but wont be able to maximize cueing without an external soundcard.

DJiO or for the same price you might as well get the ESI - Maya44USB which for me has better functionality you might want to use in the future.

The EVO 5 is simply way over my budget. I ws hoping to find a battle mixer with just 2 channels. I'm just tired of bringing my conectiv and setting up the cables before sets.

The day these mixers support ASIO will be the death of the RANE TTM 57SL. No Rane hater :) just want everyone to have cheaper options.

Thanks...

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 3:21 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
lgoddard wrote :
i have bought a numark stealth controller but i cant get it to work it wont light up nor work with the vdj. i don not have an external sound card or interface is it a must to have those in order for the controller to work????? must i get the djio for it to work ?????

You might need the latest version to support your stealth control. Download the latest trial in this site to try, and hope you buy if you like...i'm sure you do...
External soundcard is not a pre-requisite for your stealth to function 100% with the software, it's the version of the software itself.
I got stealth and i love it. It's not toyish like the tc.

See you soon

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 5:53 am
DjStryke wrote :

I'm just tired of bringing my conectiv and setting up the cables before sets.

You may need to have your set-up in 1 piece roadcase so to minimize interconnection during gigs.
All you need to do is the out from your mixer and fire it up.
Just a thought...

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 5:57 am
so i have downloaded the V6 trial version and the stealth control is still has not worked. when it started up it gave me an error with asio driver. I am not sure if i have to configure anything with in the V6 to get it working can i get some help with what exactly i need to do ????

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 7:45 am
The Stealth has no sound card. So, the ASIO error is not related to it. What are your sound settings?

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 7:47 am
sorry about posting the same question different places.. My sound settings are: for my choice of Inputs i had it set to single time code and for out puts i had single out put and the sound card has Asio. i was also looking into to the option of mappers and the only thing that comes up in there is keyboard it doesn't show anything with the midi controllers as though it might not be seeing the controller..

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 8:18 am
What kind of sound card re you using? Also, do you have another cable to try with the Stealth. You do realize we are working two different problems, right? To start, why not pick one issue, concentrate on it, and once we get that fixed move on to the second problem.

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 8:28 am
i am using the sound card that comes with the laptop i do not have any external sound card all i have is the stealth control hocked up to the laptop and trying to get it to work unsuccessfully.

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 8:35 am
OK, the integral sound card for your laptop will not work with the time codes. What version of VDJ are you trying to get the Stealth to work with?

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 8:49 am
Easy, this is a very basic set-up you should have done already if you just read the manual in the 1st place.
Since you are NOT using any types of timecodes, you may set your INPUT to NONE.
Since you're NOT using any external soundcard, you may set your OUTPUT to SIMPLE then PRIMARY SOUNDCARD then hit APPLY.

Test...

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 8:50 am
i am using virtual dj trial version 6. i have done the basic set up that dj ranes told me with input to none and out put to simple primary sound card. the virtual works when i am using the keyboard but the stealth control still does not work. Is there a way that i can test to find out of the stealth controller i bought is working or not ????

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 8:59 am
Before you start your VDJ, be sure to have your Stealth Control plugged in to the appropriate USB port.
Then run the software.
Did you see any light from your stealth when the software started?

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 9:23 am
no i did not see any lights when the software started the only thing that happens is when i plug it in i hear the comp make the noise to show that something has been plugged in other than that nothing happens at all. the very first time i pluged it in it showed new hard device pluged in loaded drivers its self and said everything was succesfull after that nothing has happened with it no lights doesnt work with virtual dj nor the tracktor le that came with it. So the question is if it works at all or am i missing something in the set up...

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 9:34 am
Try using different USB cable.
If still unsuccessful you might have gotten a faulty unit and will suggest to return it and ask for replacement.

Posted Sat 14 Nov 09 @ 10:54 am
"None of the other mixers you mentioned will support time code use, at least not very well." <<<< ??????

I've done some research about the Ecler Evo5 and found out that the Mackie D.2 Pro does work with timecode cds. So if it can work with traktor i wonder why it shouldn't work with VDJ?

http://co.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=tscratchcertified

so does this mean i would work or would not?

2nd opinion anyone?

Posted Sun 15 Nov 09 @ 10:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I see no reason why it wouldn't work personally. Having never used one I couldn't say for sure, but I stick my EVO5 into TS mode on two channels when I want to use TCV.

Posted Sun 15 Nov 09 @ 5:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)