Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Who thinks there should be a FREE patch download to fix the WMA file problem?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all

In regards to the problem of Virtual DJ only analysing the first half of all WMA files, i think there should be a free downloadable patch available on the website to fix this bug. i've been told that this problem is fixed in the next update of Virtual DJ 2.07, which is great, but i don't think we should have to pay to fix a bug. i don't mind paying for a new update that has new features and stuff, but i don't think we should have to pay to update our software because our current version doesn't work properly.

This is a quote from the homepage of www.virtualdj.com, from 2 October 2004:

"We’ve just discovered that version 2.02 had a bug that could, in rare circumstances, make the software crash. Version 2.03 was immediately released, and corrects this problem. All the team deeply apologize to the few of you who actually encountered this bug, as we really try to commit ourselves to give you a 100% crash-free software. Hopefully only a few people were concerned."

ok, fine, the WMA file analysis problem does not involve the software crashing, but it does seriously impair the use of it. i bought Virtual DJ (as part of the DJ Console bundle) based on the information that it can be used with MP3 and WMA files. I've got over 4000 files, most of which are WMA. how am i supposed to DJ without the use of my WMA files? converting them all to MP3 from within their folders and subfolders would take days, and is not an option. and what about albums i rip in the future? do i have to rip them to MP3 now?

can the team that is supposedly 100% committed to giving us quality software please help me and others by uploading a patch to fix this bug in your otherwise excellent software? please?

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 10:34 am
I dont usually use wma files, but once there was a big offcial party of one financial company and when Magician requested me to play some music for his show, I ripped a CD to wma a voila it was in the pc I a was happy that nothing can happen, no scratched cd ...

First song was long so I had to fade it when his first trick finished, but
it was very cruel for me that while there was a girl closed in a box and music stopped.
(exactly in the middle of original WMA but vdj thought it is end)
All those sight to my person ... hmmm a could rather be in hell :-)

I think a fix IS NEEDED.

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 2:21 pm
Six months ago I bought the bundle Hercules and version 1.09 of the software. Half a month ago I also bought the version 2.06 of the software.
When I found out that there were a problem in analysing WMA songs, I posted multiple messages in the forums begging for help. At last I was informed that the problem had to do with the 10Th version of the Windows Media Player I am using and that the existing bug in the software will be fixed in the upcoming (when ;) version of VDJ.

I agree with the idea of fixing a free patch for allready ( and in my case, recent !!!!!) users. Otherwise it will be a pitty buying the new version ( and having paid for the VDJ three times its value within -lets say- 8 months)

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 3:01 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys

Okay...first of all, yes, there is an issue with this and i myself have suffered from it and looked for help on this matter (see my thread: http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=11616).

I have to say that i did receive alot of information about it. There are several things you can try. Firstly, you can remove WMP10 from your system and just use WMP 9. Or, you could try analysing the song by dragging it to either deck and letting VDJ analyse it that way (as opposed to right clicking on a folder/track and clicking 'analyse'). You could also try going into your music folder outwith VDJ and changing the properties of your .wma's to read 'Open with...' Virtual DJ and then go back into VDJ and click and drag the tracks onto the decks and see if that works.

Like it says in my thread, this worked for me, but i don't know if or how well these tips will work with others. I had only just built my machine and installed winxp with wmp9 on it, so maybe that is the key to having this work.

The other option, of course, is to change all your wma's to mp3 format. However, this will take ages if you have a huge library obviously. I suppose a good MP3 coding program might be the answer.

And, just to let you know, VDJ is apparently getting updated just now for release in the summer...but don't take my word for it. take the word of the guys who write the program!!!

Lastly...from what i know, updates are free to licenced users of VDJ. (Confirmation will be nice!)

Regards

Chris

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 10:01 pm
these issues are fixed in the upcomming version.

This applys to all users having a full version

There is no such fix for console version, yet... sorry

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 10:16 pm
cob1Home userMember since 2005
i have to agree with schmykel
i bought a dj console last week and all my library is in wma. i know there are workarounds for this bug, but in my opinion they are not enough. to me this is a critical bug that should be patched. i am annoyed that a package i bought within the last week is no longer supported. if fixes for a major bug like this is not provided then it is no longer being supported. if i wanted new features i would have no problem paying for them.
i am a paying customer, although i payed hercules i am sure atomix must have some deal for packaging their software with the dj console. it would only seem fair to allow me to upgrade my software for a reasonable amount, i think a maximum of 50%, or else provide a patch for version 1.09
i hope someone can help with this. i am quite happy with the combination of virtual dj and dj console apart from this problem. it seems a lot of other people have been frustrated by this as well and i think atomix might be losing a lot of goodwill if they force people to pay the full amount

Posted Sun 08 May 05 @ 4:41 pm

Posted Sun 08 May 05 @ 4:55 pm
cob1Home userMember since 2005
can you tell me if atomix receive any money from hercules for packaging virtual dj with the dj console?

if you don't then this really is not your problem and it is hercules fault for not telling me that the version of virtual dj included with the console is not up to date and is no longer supported.
if you do receive money from hercules then i am indirectly a customer of yours and i think you have an obligation to provide a quality product. i'm not interested in the new features of version 2 at the moment, the only thing i want is a bug fix. i think it would be incredible of you to ask me to pay over $100 for a bug fix. i hope you can answer my question

Posted Sun 08 May 05 @ 7:51 pm
The marketing staff doesn't have to answer to that. But at this time there is no update planned for this FREE version, so buy the full version or use your FREE version. Topic closed.

Posted Sun 08 May 05 @ 8:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)