Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Here are my options for pro-djing... Which one is best ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, I'm looking at my options for using VDJ in a club setting, but before I buy the whole deal (VDJ, controllers, etc...), I need to know for sure what would work best considering I still want full control over VDJ, including beatmatching, just as a safety measure for beatmatching in a real pinch when only a few seconds are left in a track...

Here is what I own : a 4 months old Numark DXM06 mixer, a coffin for the mixer and 2 turntables (but no turntables...), as well as a Maya44 USB and a 2.4 P4 laptop (but only 256 Mb RAM).

My options are :

1) use a CMX-3000 Pioneer dual-CD deck and TCCDs with the Maya, laptop, and mixer (but correct me if I'm wrong I'd loose the beatmatching, right ?)
2) use 2 XP10s with the laptop and mixer (this looks like it would allow me to fit both XP10s, laptop and mixer in the coffin...)
3) use DAC-2 controller with the Maya, laptop and mixer (this being the cheapest option by far...)

What is in your opinion the best setup to go for, considering I need everything to be as mobile as possible and as stable as possible ? Any opinion from people having used either XP10s, DAC-2 or CMX-3000 in combination with VDJ would be greatly appreciated... Also, I have absolutely no need for scratching, other than to set my cues and beatmatch...

This is a substantial investment for me so I'd like to do it right the first time and not buy anything that I would need to change soon...

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 8:55 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
XP10s works great! No crash ever! look at my blog

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 12:30 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
noodle2cook -

I guess one question to be answered is "Do you need to be able to play CDs?"

If the answer is NO, and your last statement made is that you don't need to Actively scratch all the time, then I recommend the DAC-2. If you want to have room to grow then XP10s, if you want all three (control, growth and CD playing ) capabilities then go with the CD Players.

cstoll

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 8:31 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Dac 2

Did someone say that?

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 10:00 pm
Thanks for your input, it is very welcome. I decided to go for 2 XP10s and whenever they arrive, I will buy VDJ.

It seemed the most mobile setup to me, but I already know I will also get the CMX-3000 eventually, so that I can also play CDs in case VDJ crashes, which I heard does happen... Hopefully it won't be during one of my gigs as that would not be good for business...

I have one more question though : does the DAC 2 allow you to use the beatmatching feature of VDJ in case of emergencies ? That is a rather important feature for me as my shows include choreography and sometimes only a short few seconds are left before switching tracks...

Posted Thu 05 May 05 @ 1:48 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, with the DMC-1/DAC-2 Mapper the 'Match' button on the controller will match the beats.

cstoll

Posted Thu 05 May 05 @ 2:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)