Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cannot cue with headphones on vers. 2.o6 with HDJ Console

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A few of months ago myself and a few others had voiced complaints about not being able to cue with Hercules DJ console and VDJ 2.06. No matter how you congure the software or the controller the headphone out is either dead silent ( when monitor channel changed or plugging in to 3/4 out) or you get both deck signals comming through simultaneously and the vert faders controlling the volume in the headphones regardless of which deck you choose to monitor. No one really solved our problem and I don't know that any staff responded at all, it is quite upsetting. I have looked for this topic only to find it removed or moved? I had gone through every suggestion and made every change to the config (DJ/ASIO, changing monitor1/2 to 3/4 in Herc config panel,VDJ config changes, sound card config, advanced 2.06 skins with extra faders, original/latest Herc drivers and firmware etc.) trust me I tried it all. So there is a definately a problem here that needs addressed especially since I am not the only one with this problem. I don't know if the problem is with VDJ software or Hercules drivers so I am not trying to point fingers at anyone. I am just a little upset that I have paid Atomix $125 for vers 2.06 and I can't even use it, hell I can't even use the 2.05 demo! I have to use 1.09 in order to cue up songs and mix properly, so no good skins, no FX/ plugins. I am feeling jacked here. Can ANYONE, from Hercules, Atomix, or the VDJ community help out, even if just to say ,"Hold on there is an update on the way, we are addressing this problem in the next version." I know I am not rollin Hi-end equipment here, but I think that if VDJ and Hercules are going to keep pushing each other's products they should at least be compatible with each other! Please know I am not trying to be an ---hole I just want someone to step up and dish out a little customer service instead of leaving us customers on our own to post questions and wait months for responses that may or may not solve our problems.

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 12:34 am
I have a friend who had exactly the same problem with Version 2.01. Looks like this is a serious problem for people wanting to have a Herc Controller and buy the latest version of Virtual DJ. As for forum moderators deleting posts concerning this topic..... ?!?

Posted Thu 05 May 05 @ 9:31 pm
hoddaowHome userMember since 2004
Well I logged on today to see about upgrading.....
guess this answers my questions...

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 5:19 am
@ryan did you try advanced config ?
what options you have there ? hecules channel 1-6 ?

what windows are you using, service packs ...

did an upgrade to 2.1 solve your problem ?

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 12:02 pm
lopez 453
Thanks for responding. I have tried numerous different combinations of configurations with the VDJ 2.06 advance config and the Hercules config with no luck. I have not had the free time lately to screw around with VDJ 2.1 since I got the upgrade but at first install I didn't see a change. If you know of a certain configuration that would work I would most definately be interested to know what it is. I post messages from work so I will have to get back with you on the current settings that I am running cause I don't get on the internet with my home computer that VDJ is installed on to avoid any virus problems.
This is what I am running...

Athlon XP 1900 @1600
WinXP w/ SP2
Dual CDrom drives
Gforce Ti4600 Graffix card
512 Ram (I need more)
80gig Hard drive
Hercules Muse XL 4.1
Hercules DJ Controller

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 9:03 pm
@ryan please look what options you have in advanced sound conmfiguration i.e. what soundcards you see there.

for. example I have 6 hercules console channels (3xleft 3x right) and 2 onboard via audio channels (1 left 1 right) that I can map to my wish

Try not tu use Primary sound driver, but choose hercules console directly.

And again please look at the herucles alienhead application whether it is switched in DJ mode
and that you dont have some channels muted, or volume raised down ... and that headhones
are assigned to the output you want them to be asigned to.

(I run the same windows XP/sp2 maybe the 2 hercules drivers collide)

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 11:04 am
lopez

Yeah, in the advance config I have the top sound card set-up selected and I have Hercules consol as the driver in the drop down menu. Hercules config window is set to DJ mode, and with 1/2 channel selected for monitoring I get the same signal out of the headphones as I get out of the 1/2 out. When I switch to 3/4 for monitoring and insert the plug into the (mini on back of console) 3/4 out I get no signal at all. Should I be plugging in to the RCA jacks instead? Just FYI, if I try to select one of the other two sound card configurations ( ie signal split headphones and speakers etc....) I get a Direct X error and then I cannot play anything and have to restart the program. Sorry I forgot to mention in my previous post that I am running Direct X 9b. Also running latest Hercdrivers Bulk Driver Version 2.2.0.0 ASIO Driver Version 2.2.0.0 Firmware Version 35 Control Panel Version 1.2.4.0. How are you mapping your outs? I am not able to find where to do this. Thank you so much for taking the time to help!

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 5:21 pm
hi .i have the exactly same problem.i 've tried every configuration but i dont get sound from the monitors at all.if anyone knows,please help.

Posted Fri 27 May 05 @ 12:30 am
i will check my configuration this weekend (I am working weekly shifts away from home) and don't have hercules with me.

Will make some screenshots, but just upgraded do VDJ 3.01 please try it with this version.

I will post a howto in my blog.

Posted Fri 27 May 05 @ 10:56 am
papaki17: monitors are disabled in the demo version ;-( if you are using hercules dj console with the bundled version, please be sure you downloaded an update to 1.09 from this site. 2.xx versions are not updates for the hercules bundle.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 5:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)