Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 6 & Hurcules RMX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

caosssPRO InfinityMember since 2009
i bought the Hurcules RMX console and used the trıal professıonal software of vdj v5. The trail period finished and now decided to upgrade and pruchase the full version. As i purchased and install VDJ V6 on start up there is no connection between the RMX Console and the software.
how do you connect the software to the console?? missing drivers or is it something i did wrong during the install

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 1:01 pm
ok mate first thing you need to do is go to hercules site and download latest drivers for rmx.then run drivers and when you are instakking drivers it will guide you through ie tell you to connect rmx when ready then you are good to go.remember to connect rmx to the usb port you are going to use all the time and keep to connecting to same one

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 3:00 pm
thanks Mate
ill give that a try .:)

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 3:08 pm
just make sure you dont plug rmx in until prompted from driver download ok.

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 3:19 pm
:) made sure i didnt plug the rmx before being prompted but few other problems have come up
as follows
1. on start of VDJ6 i get an error in the sound driver of DirectX message popping up when i select ASIO audio mode
2.some with wrongs with mapping as i can not use the effects button on the rmx (nothing happened when pressed)
3. software started to freeze at at one point...

seriously considering reverting to v.5 if i can...

any help on the above mentioned issues??

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 5:19 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
1. Make sure your RMX is set as your sound card and not just ASIO or anything else. Also make sure that no other audio programs are open like iTunes, Win Media before you open VDJ.

2. That is correct, they changed the effect buttons use in vdj 5 to DJC buttons in vdj 6, so any v5 skin only set effects, not the new DJC buttons, I edited a skin for v6 and the RMX that seems to be working for a few people. Try this http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/7329/RMX_Mod_Don_Houde.html
OR you can just change the mapping to the old way like most of us seem to do. You loose some options this way but that stupid DJC menu does not pop up when you release a held djc button (if set for "while_pressed").

3. Not sure, can you be more specific about what you are doing when this happens. Also it may have to do with question #1, if your sound card is not set right then the software may have issues and freeze.

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 9:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)